Freedom day? - Football next season

It is, but it means instead of just having the app open with my season ticket as I approach the turnstile (quick and easy), I then have to go through the nhs app to find my vaccine passport (much slower), and show that. It will take a lot more time.

The government will see it as somebody else’s problem, so I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see it happen.

What about non League grounds places like Bromsgrove or Stourbridge who get 700-800 crowds but won’t have the facilities in place to scan people in it won’t happen

I’d also like to know how a football club can sell you a season ticket in July that if you haven’t been jabbed you wouldn’t be able to use in a few months .

Unless each passport has an individual number which you can assign to a ticket. Sounds daft but who knows.

1 Like

I really doubt any of this will happen. This is the government of flip flopping and broken promises. Don’t believe a word of it.

As PT said a while ago… there are two ways a pandemic ends. Physically when infections turn endemic and we have a vaccine. And/or socially. Society will decide when this is over, not legislation.

Remember this is a government that just wants to give good news and plays on populism. People have eaten this up in the past, but I think the mask is slipping.

I also find it mildly amusing that the some of the folk who are concerned about Covid passports… are the same folk who wanted to control our borders, limit human rights and the freedom to live and work in other countries and wanted to change the colour of passports. Very amusing.

4 Likes

That last bit isn’t true at all. Since I made the post above, that may be directed at me? I can absolutely assure you I don’t promote any of those. Quite the opposite in fact.

You’re right about government flip flopping, but the public are “vulnerable” right now because they want any (ANY) way out of this. Vaccine passport and sod the rest? Yep, ok.

Someone above raised a good point about the sale of season tickets, which then carry further conditions. There could be some interesting legal cases as a result.

1 Like

Not you pal, you’re a respectful poster. Just the brexit mob. I find that subset highly amusing.

Yep, and that’s why I think these ‘passports’ are a non-starter. Both on grounds on discrimination and common sense.

They will flip flop, or businesses/society will just ignore them.

As I said a while ago… I think these policies making the news are just a really badly thought out plan to get vaccines into the younger generation.

I’d like to think we live in a world where education and data would naturally allow people to come to the conclusion that vaccines are safe and an effective way of ending a pandemic… but we live in the U.K.

We failed a national IQ test 5 years ago, but at least there are signs most people have an ounce of common sense and continue to deploy their personal choice to wear a mask or not.

I had my second jab yesterday - and every single person wore a mask inside the centre. I then had a stroll into Sutton Coldfield - and I’d say 80/90% of people wore masks in the shops. Thankfully there is still a bit of common sense left in society.

You could just print the qr code off for the pass and have the season ticket app open ready save switching between apps. It’s still going to cause congestion though I would say, which goes against any other safety measures in place having 100s gathering in ques

1 Like

Are you avoiding the word brexiteer.

Yep. That implies a noble cause.

Makes me laugh that people are using this for political point scoring against the tories when labour are demanding tougher restrictions for longer. Parliament showed itself up to be totally useless regarding brexit and once again during this whole process. We actually vote in a bunch of morons.

Anyway that’s me done with the nonsense cause it does my head in. We will be allowed home and away without covid passports, I wouldn’t take any notice if you haven’t been vaccinated and just get on and live and enjoy ur lives. Just in case anyone thinks I’m against the rules or process, I’ve had both jabs so it doesn’t really effect me however I fully back anyone who doesn’t want one that’s their right and nobody should be forced ot blackmailed into taking one

4 Likes

No he’s avoiding the Covid thread after the vaccine passport announcement :wink:

2 Likes

Everyone’s avoiding the Covid thread. Please try to keep this one free from tinpot jingoism and fruitloop pseudoscience disguised as discussion. :crazy_face:

9 Likes

If Tranmere tickets are not on sale by this Saturday I’d say there won’t be away fans going it’s only 2 weeks then until the game usually they’d already be on sale it’s all a bit odd

I thought they would have gone on sale today with restrictions being lifted yesterday. I don’t get the total silence on this. Can’t they just come out and say whether it’ll be happening or not or if there’s something they’re waiting on.

There’s a boxing Match on this Saturday at Wembley arena Joyce Vs Takam only 6,000 50% crowd allowed in , Why ? I thought the whole point in restrictions lifted was going back to “normal” .

1 Like

With the game only 3 weeks away it would be nice to know :blush:

1 Like

I think it was pay in a porta cabin in the car park last 2 times I have been,thats probably changed.

1 Like

Up in Scotland but Rangers will have 17,000 at Ibrox on 31st July and ‘expect a full house’ on 10th August

Really can’t see any issues but just don’t get the lack of any updates on the whole thing down here