Fryatt Hotel Watch - 2021 Summer Transfer Rumours

I signed him for Walsall in L2 on my FM21 save!! Could be fate lol

3 Likes

Interesting to note that fans on here berated walsall for not signing the likes of Pitman and Leon Clarke.

Of Pitman, I saw one comment by a fan after Saturday’s match saying “milk turns faster than Pitman” and saying what a waste of a wage he was.

Leon Clarke, that sprightly 36 year old, has got himself a bad hamstring injury and will, it seems, be out for a long time.

Seems to me like we’ve had two close escapes.

1 Like

We havn’t produced anyone from our own academy in what could be described a foward role in a long time. That’s a big problem for a club like ours.

We seem to get a whiff of players coming through but then they go the same way.

Jayden Campbell, Candlin and Hayles Doherty, Dylan Parker etc.

When was the last time we had a “home-grown” forward that had a decent career? Surely not Will Grigg?? I must have forgotton some.

2 Likes

Jamie Patterson as well, similar vintage to Grigg, as are Kieron Morris who has over 300 games under his belt, and Amadou Bakayoko with over 200.

1 Like

I’d love us to sign Bakoyoko back he would be a decent player in league 2 , Where is he now surely he’s not getting games at Coventry.

2 Likes

He’s at Bolton now.

He joined Bolton in the summer. Morris is still at Tranmere, and he’s been a regular for the last couple of seasons. Patterson joined Swansea for this season.

1 Like

You’re in a minority then. The same ones who booed him in a walsall shirt (and did worse) will still tell you he’s not good enough for our team!

Yes how could I forget Baka! So that’s what, about 5 years since he broke through? And a bit longer for Morris say 6 or 7 years?

2 Likes

Is Bakayoko injured? He featured in the first few games but isn’t even on the bench now.

12 goals in 69 games since he left doesn’t exactly make me pine for him back to be honest with you :man_shrugging: That’s ALMOST as bad as when he was our player.

4 Likes

Out for 6 weeks with a calf injury according to their local press.

I liked Baka, certainly a lot better than most of what we’ve had since.

2 Likes

Whitney wrecked Bakayoko. Terrible manager.

I wouldn’t want Baka back one bit. Absolute tat for us but in the best traditions of UTS he’ll be remembered as the next Alan Shearer until the nasty Walsall fans said nasty fings about him.

5 Likes

:joy: bait dangled but not bitten!

2 Likes

Still obsessing about blaming our supporters for everything I see. :joy:

Do you actually have any analysis of player performance, managerial decisions or direction from the Board? Or is it just the fans’ fault each and every time something goes wrong on the pitch.

1 Like

Well said @TomWFC92 bloke is a weirdo.

2 Likes

Probably shouldn’t even reply, but it gets a bit frustrating when he consistently puts the blame on supporters who (including myself) left money in the club during COVID and continue to travel home and away in decent numbers despite us recording historically bad league finishes.

I’m no way saying that our fans are perfect, never do anything wrong, or even that I agree with the level of criticism some players/managers receive. However, that’s football and it’s not like the Banks’s is a cauldron of hate that he likes to make out. Imo, the home support especially has been very understanding and patient over these past few years.

4 Likes

Here’s some for you, since his time he has a better scoring ratio than two of the Striker we’ve had since. These are in all comps since he left in 2018:

Amadou Bakayoko 13 goals in 89 Apps (0.14 goals a game)
Andy Cook 40 goals in in 143 Apps (0.27 a game)
Josh Gordon 24 Goals in 134 Apps (0.17 a game)
Morgan Ferrier 17 goals in in 99 Apps (0.17 a game)
Armide Oteh 11 Goals in 79 apps (0.13 a game)
Coalan Lavery 23 goals in 115 apps (0.2 a game)
Rory Gaffney has a better ratio but to be fair mainly in non league and Irish football so not really comparable.
Elijah Adebayo 32 goals in in 124 games (0.25 a game)
Jake Scrimshaw 5 goals in 36 games (0.13 a game)
Osei Yaw 4 goals in 26 games (0.15 a game)

So there we go, in fairness better than Oteh and Scrimshaw. Not sure I’d be rushing to have him back …

2 Likes

Baka was cack lets not be wearing rose tinted spectacles although he could probably do a job at our level now.

1 Like