Gabriel Sutton on the case

Welcome @GabSutton and thanks for bringing our plight to a wider audience, hopefully it will play a part into shaming them, and to righting a lot of wrongs suffered by the TRUE supporters and backers of our club the fans.

Are there any clubs out there where the SLO is elected? They are a UEFA initiative that the EFL and EPL have made a requirement and, as far as I’m aware, they are usually all club appointees. Some of them might be “fans” external to the club itself asked to take on the role, but they could equally be an employee - either as a dedicated role or as additional duties (I believe its common for stadium safety officers to do the role as there is some crossover of function).

The difference here is not that GW is not elected but that he has been appointed to the board. LP is following the lead of a few clubs on doing this but it isn’t the majority as yet.

Now whether he is performing his expected duties to an acceptable level is another debate, but absolutely nothing to hit the club about the head with for them following most if not all the other 91 clubs in him not being elected.

2 Likes

Welcome!

Realised I missed a load of stuff about the Jan window, and the weakening of the squad for the 2nd successive January, and also the mystery illnesses/injuries before players departed, as well as the Rory Holden situation, and the signing of Devante Rodney who might not be fit until March, but my fingers were getting tired by that point haha.

Nice one mate :+1:

The game where I was first banned from the stadium, not being told until a steward told me I wasn’t let in.

1 Like

Might be worth just adding a little context to that Rob so as not to sound like a serial hooligan and include the fundraising bit too :joy: :wink:

I have met him, he is a proper fundraising thug :joy:

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Long story short, the safety officer at the time trying to force me to wear a coat instead of a vest hi-vis, in the middle of summer amongst other things.

Sent an email to the safety officer, a four-pager that clearly went down well. Told them what I thought of them as a person, and their lack of organisation.

Made sure Gamble gave me my ticket money back in cash and sped off down the road to watch WBA via Oxford in the Oxford end

1 Like

Well done. Great post.

1 Like

Gabriel.
If you scan this thread again please see a post I did a few weeks ago.
Thanks

“I have voted No to another season ticket purchase.
I can’t believe I have but there comes a time to react and let the bozos who still have a say in this Club realise the hurt and passion and distaste at present.
I have been a supporter for 67 years and a ST for much of that including now.
My Grandad played for the Club briefly in the early 1900’s my Grandad and Grandma were season ticket holders at FP until they couldn’t attend in their later years. My Grandad had a big family who all supported/support the Club until now. My cousin is a 1888 member.
My older brother was a ST holder all his life until he passed away, his son/my nephew was a ST for many years and did work for the media team at Bescot. He saw behind the scenes and how the working Directors operated and walked out and is now a Baggies ST holder. That says it all.
My 21 year old grandson is a ST holder since his time with the Swifty club despite being the only kid in his entire schooldays here in North Staffs that supported WFC. He feels the same as me.
Sorry for the history lesson and I appreciate that many others on this board can say something similar but it is to underline how we now feel after a disastrous January for the entity that is the WFC Board of Directors.
Like many in 2019, we saw a light at the end of the tunnel when LP bought out the Leech who made football history by continually bleeding his own Club dry for 30;years.
Regrettably that light dims as each month passes and it is now a flickering candle at best.
The old boys Club still rule and January 2022 proves that fact. We have 2 working Directors installed by Bonser and still there despite everything and with no investment in the Club. We have amazingly Bonser’s right hand yes man still on the Board (Whalley) with no investment in the Club. We have installed an unelected SLO who doesn’t like communication and is a mate of one of the working Directors and no investment in the Club. None of these want change of course for obvious reasons.
Me and thousands of others left their ST money in the Club at the Club’s hour of need as we saw it.
We were fools to do that.
When I look at the storms of anger and protest on Twitter and elsewhere I now realise we have to hit the old boys club in their wallets as now is the perfect storm seen by most.
We need to have a concerted effort to increase the ISSA membership as they alone have the core feeling for the Club’s best interest.
Worth saying that if only 500 don’t take up a ST in early bird that’s around £150K that doesn’t land in the bank account for the old boys network. If 1000 don’t it’s £300K.

@GabSutton

War and Peace posts are not needed

I don’t know the facts but I’d love the full story to come out ….

From Fellows Park 1989 - in to a new Stadium, we had financial problems

To the Bescot Stadium in 2022 and us on the brink of falling out the league

One mans pension fund has benefitted massively from this

There are another bunch of people, stewards of our club who have let this situation to develop

It’s not about Taylor Fullarton right now it’s about the last 30 years, a journey to oblivion

1 Like

Has anyone seen this already?

14 Likes

That is a great read lets hope more people read it and see whats going on

1 Like

Thanks for posting Westie Jack! Hope it can reach a wider audience and people can see what’s really going on.

3 Likes

I have retweeted it, and i would urge everyone else to as well :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:. A great article. :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Fantastic read, and should send shudders down the corridors of power at the Banksy’s :grin:

3 Likes

A super article.

He’s certainly done his research, very impressive.

Should be emailed to the club
Our grievances are beginning to gain some pace