Games Behind Closed Doors, Refund?

Walsall FC Official
@WFCOfficial

The latest update from the

@EFL

this morning:

“The EFL Board will meet this morning to make a decision on this weekend’s fixtures and beyond" We will update supporters as soon as we know more

The most important thing (of course) is for everyone to take every precaution possible to remain safe.
Should the sporting authorities decide to postpone their seasons for a while, I’m all in favour of that.
I don’t think anyone should be in a confined space with lots of other people, airplane, cruise ships, shopping centres and sporting events.
I urge everyone to be cautious and be very diligent of your surroundings.

1 Like

i did say about 3 weeks a go thay would stop the football season not that i am glad has anybody thought that if thay stop the season now wot if thay say keep the standings as thay are now the vile would be down

All games suspended until 4th April apparently.

If that is correct then we have played our last game of the season…the peak of this is due early April!!!

If the season is extended into the summer what would be the situation regarding players’ contracts?

I doubt we will play again until the new season which will probably start later than planned. Peak time for this virus likely to be April until June.

There must surely be a good chance that the whole season will be scrapped and declared null and void.

1 Like

According to the experts yesterday peak would possibly be in May or even early June. Impossible to know really as there is no precedent for it.

If this season is going to be wrapped up it’s going to have to be summer football and then knock on for next seasons.

That’s the villa’s best chance of staying up :joy:

2 Likes

Could also be the worst too. As it stands at the moment they would be down.

It will be a mess if it’s voided. We need a completed season to restructure the leagues following Bury’s demise.

Summer football actually sounds quite appealing.

1 Like

Interesting that the decision doesn’t cover non-league football either. If the National League is played out surely the two promotion places have to be honoured by the EFL.

Just when we had finally GELLED as well :weary::joy:

3 Likes

Its a huge mess isnt it…

Going too be interesting too see what happens…

If we was fighting for a play off place and this happens when we hit good form would be a right kick in the balls.

I saw an interview with the Director of Centre for Infectious Disease Research Policy the other day (can link if needed). Very smart chap and has advised presidents.

Said its almost certainly not man-made because of how its mutating. He says nature is far more deadly than man and this has all the signs of the former.

1 Like

That would explain an awful lot to me.

1 Like

Lower leagues now postponing too:

Told you before not to start em off :rofl:

1 Like