Gary Waddock - New 2 Year Deal

1 Like

To ward off interest from Gillingham maybe?

2 Likes

@Bags10 Potentially.

I’d like to hear Gary speak a bit more to be honest. Reminds me of McDonald the ghost.

Happy for him to get the security of a 2 year deal in a job where you are always just a few bad results away from the sack

5 Likes

Spoke really well at the meet the manager evening. Definitely does a lot behind the scenes we don’t see

8 Likes

Wonder what he offers and does

1 Like

Advice & Coaching.

1 Like

He did speak well. He is very knowledgeable and is the main man for dissecting the opposition before games and preparing information for the players.

3 Likes

Yet another indication of ‘no ambition’. Should have aproached Klopp. He’s doing nowt.

1 Like

Let’s hope his dissection and advice about the opposition he gives to the players improve next season then we might finish higher.

I’m a huge Gary Waddock fan. His resume speaks for itself, we’re very lucky to have him here. I know Sadler counts him as a huge source of knowledge and comfort.

3 Likes

Gary Waddock or Gary Wazzock?

2 Likes

I don’t think he is qualified enough or has the required knowledge according to some. Plus if he doesn’t have Sadler in his name somewhere it’s a none starter…

1 Like

Cracking news this is though. To have so many wanting to extend their stay to me speaks volumes about how things are going. Congrats to all involved.

3 Likes

I like it. obviously a very good coach had a great career. 2 years seems like we are warding off some interest. He is also a very good insurance policy if Sadler gets the tin tack.

He must be the reason he plays James Taylor and Josh Gordon over Danny Johnson. encyclopedia Of football , give him a 10 year contract so we can give him his retirement when we sack them all before Christmas.

1 Like

I assume Dan Watson will be next. Without his set pieces we’d have finished bottom half.

3 Likes

Hes been involved in professional football for 37 years. 18 in coaching.

Hes not a mug.

5 Likes

Is that all, pales into insignificance in comparison to some on here Latvian :wink:

Lots of love being shown for the bloke but performances last season didnt particularly suggest we were well coached for a large part.

Just my opinion…

2 Likes