George Miller

It serves none, it’s not true and it says a lot more about the accusers than the accused.

1 Like

I’m with you on that. Glass is still half full but I’m disappointed that we haven’t added to the squad.

1 Like

I do think he needs to scale back the raising of expectations. It’s starting to backfire on him, well meaning as it might be

5 Likes

I think that’s perfectly understandable. But I also think we have to trust that Taylor and Fullarton are either happy with the players they have or were, for any number of reasons, unable to secure the services of other players who they think would improve the squad.

1 Like

So am I . I felt sure we would get 2 in today but none of know why that didn’t happen. I don’t think I have any alternative but to trust what the management are doing.

1 Like

So failed at their jobs then?

Don’t disagree. It’s still early days for them and I hope they get the support they need. Reality is that Pomlett is a minnow in wealth terms when it comes to owning a professional football club whose fans want L1/ Championship football.

2 Likes

Not at all. There are all sorts of reasons why Walsall might not secure the players they are after. I’m pleased we don’t then just sign up the nearest old has been like Leon Clarke because they are desperate to keep the baying mob happy.

1 Like

So if we struggle again this season… you’d be happy ?

Absolutely. But unless we know of a rich benefactor willing to take on the club with bonser still owning the freehold, he is the best we are going to get and also a genuine fan. I agree with what you said about setting expectations but it also must be disheartening for him to see certain fans turning against him already when his heart is certainly in the right place.

4 Likes

Stop making excuses for them again ffs this is a let down look at the deals some other clubs have done today and we bring in one loan signing and another young lad.Rubbish a few injuries and we are fooked its another unbalanced squad yet again

2 Likes

I’d accept that we’ve had wholesale changes in personnel and it may or may not fully click. We’ve had periods of struggle under better managers than this, but, as with them, I can get a sense of what they want to do and it may take 2 or 3 transfer windows to get it together completely. After the aimless methods of Clarke, it’s a step forward.

Or, of course, we could all turn against them, make the home atmosphere really toxic and drag the team down further. We could then sack Fullarton and Taylor. Possibly even slide into non league. Is that the better way?

1 Like

I don’t see any progression, whatsoever to be honest.

Yeah, we have some nice quotes, some nice passing, a DoF - but I couldn’t care less about that to be honest now mate. I care about results.

I am sick to death of this shite league, our shite team and normalising this. Sick of it.

Same old story.

9 Likes

We’re being asset stripped

3 Likes

This.

1 Like

Football is changing. Clubs with rich owners rise. We havent got one, we have no prospect of one. We are a 4th division club. There are better funded clubs in the league below. Let’s be happy to stay in this league for now, I think.

1 Like

Interesting that you argued for ages that Clarke was the right mon, which proved not to be the case.

Why aren’t you prepared to offer the same to the new team?

1 Like

Miller, on paper, is a very good signing. Experienced, Championship striker with a scoring record, albeit a bit lean lately.

Just could have done with another one.

2 Likes

Sad but true.

1 Like

I’m more than happy with Matthew Taylor. This isn’t his fault

I am basing my judgment on being in this league for 3 years - and counting.

I’m basing it on being told that this season ‘we would have a right go’ and that there is still a plan to be in the championship in 3-5 years.

It’s either lies… or complete delusions.

We have two kids on loan as our striking options.

Let that sink in.

7 Likes