George Miller

We have no prospect of being in the championship. That is silly talk by Pomlett. League one is our new championship.

5 Likes

I think it’s more delusions than lies tbh. Agree with @shrops, the game has moved on and we are getting further behind. We laugh at “tinpot” clubs that are signing players that we can’t attract.

Desperate times for our club.

3 Likes

Top 10 in League 2 is our Championship!

5 Likes

I don’t think desperate times, just changed times. And for all that some want to point fingers of blame at club staff and have them all sacked, the reason is owner’s money. We don’t have it. And that’s not Pomlett’s fault either.

1 Like

Desperate in the fact that D4 or worse could be our longer term home

1 Like

So he should keep his mouth shut, rather than spout unrealistic targets. The honeymoon period is over

4 Likes

What’s going to happen if we get a few injuries?

1 Like

I think you know the answer to that Killer

1 Like

Accrington Stanley, Cheltenham, Lincoln, Cambridge, Wimbledon, Shrewsbury and Fleetwood are now in the league above us

Are we really sure we shouldn’t be competing with the might of Cheltenham?

We really deserve better than this.

Football has changed, true - but we haven’t changed with it.

11 Likes

Cheltenham are a good example. They seemed to spend several years quietly going about their busines, tweaking their squad and then managing to secure the signing of May, in particular, which helped them over the line.

We’re at the start of that process. If Taylor and Fullarton are good, our prospect is to follow Cheltenham’s lead over 2 or 3 seasons.

1 Like

Oh great.

Mostly because we don’t have money from owners. Partly because the Keates/Clarke/Dutton years have been completely wasted and offer us no kind of base to work from.

1 Like

It’s the facts. Of course, every walsall fan will be disappointed that it’s not going to be a quick bounce like last time. But it isn’t. We’re competing now with teams in our league paying over £5k per week to players. We cannot do that. We have to build organically.

2 Likes

Do morecambe and burton with their massive crowds have rich owners? What a load of happy clapping bulls*it. We can’t even get Our club shop running professionally and we still have fans who will defend this nonsense. The club run by clowns.

7 Likes

Add Cheltenham to that list. And barrow seemingly.

And that’s where I have real trust issues.

To grow on the pitch, we need to be progressive and grow off it too.

Can you honestly see that with Mole and Gamblr in charge ? Really ?

2 Likes

I either trust that Pomlett knows what he is doing or, if I don’t,I join the “sack the chairman” mob. Pomlett employs the staff, it is with him to hire, fire, motivate etc.

1 Like

Good luck George, hopefully you will do well for us.

3 Likes

I know the vast majority of us want us to sign that proven, goalscoring striker but…

We sign around 10 players before the first pre season friendly thus doing most of our business early.

We signed one player on deadline day.

So are we a serious club or have we done bad business?

2 Likes

So will he be this seasons Adan George or at best, Jake Scrimshaw.

I’m so excited by this.

1 Like