George Miller

The main problem is that some fans have expected us to make a winning start to this season with a completely new management team and a new squad.

Unfortunately its not that easy and we need to have some patience while they get it sorted. I think the squad looks decent and the new striker is a decent addition at this level. They need us to support them and give them time to succeed, how can anyone judge things after so few games.

Sorry but its ridiculous.

5 Likes

Iā€™ll tell you whatā€™s ridiculous, signing half a squad. Leaving ourselves with no options on the bench whatsoever when plan a doesnā€™t work now thatā€™s ridiculous. Have these clowns seen our subs bench the first 4 games? Competition for places makes players perform. Us however are stuck with no options to change anything and no central striker whatsoever. Make no mistake this isnā€™t Matt Taylor or the players fault itā€™s pomlett, Fullerton and co.

5 Likes

I do love this idea that Taylor stands on the training ground, having no involvement in recruiting players. They must bring a new one out to him and introduce him. Why, it may be that Taylor doesnā€™t even know weā€™ve signed Miller yet.

I love the certainty that some fans have that all these senior characters at walsall are working alone and, effectively, against each other. Could it possibly be that senior management might all get together and chat sometimes? That they might all be working towards the same goals, same targets and be properly communicating between one another? Nope, joe bloggs in the street end knows better.

You would have said that had you been at the game I was at tonight!!

2 Likes

Successful clubs normally comes with a period of stability and progression. Not condemning the new regime after 5 games. Burton Cheltenham etc. Havenā€™t always been flying high.

4 Likes

Exactly the point I made about Cheltenham. They werenā€™t a one season wonder. They started from a decent league two base, they built, they reinforced by adding a couple of key players at key moments. It took a few seasons.

1 Like

23 players in the squad, I donā€™t think there is any need to panic.

1 Like

Half a squad :joy:

Nothing like either of them.

Miller has had several loan spells already and Barnsley paid a big fee to get him when he was extremely highly rated at Bury, whereas the other two were first year loans where we asked to get them for free because of corona.

1 Like

Barrow lol, how you work that out?

My comment was more about the impact heā€™ll likely have than the experience he has.

Hope Iā€™m wrong I really do.

Good luck George enjoy the piece and quite playing upfront for walsall. As rest of the team will be in or around our own goal area after 15 minutes

2 Likes

Them two Leeds midfielders today @Peel85

How many games for Leeds have they played?

One has played four donā€™t think the other has.

Both had loans in league 2 not really tore any trees up. They sold there best striker and brought in Josh Gordon

Why would such a player be in the free agent market.

Didnā€™t see this one coming!!!

Bit like Glenn Miller.

1 Like

This is difference though. We were the third best team in League One in 2016. Now in 2021 weā€™re currently the fourth worst out of the whole EFL.

How long do you keep ā€˜trusting the processā€™?

I actually really believe in Matt Taylor and the Director of Football role should be a massive step forward for us. However, itā€™s been an auspicious start in terms of our recruitment.

Iā€™m struggling to understand why we have god knows how many central midfield players and hardly any strikers wingers or full backs? We did the same when Clarke was manager in fact we probably had more full backs and strikers when he was in charge.Holden Earing Kinsella Bates Perry Ladabie Willis Osadebe are all naturally central players no matter where we might shoehorn them in thatā€™s what they are thats 8 central midfield players we have 2 strikers and 3 wingers and 3 full backs if you count Leak?

1 Like