Going Down?

I always go back to what Whalley once said about the commercial side of the business. He said it would ensure that the club could compete with other clubs with bigger crowds than us.

I don’t know what went wrong then, because instead of the commercial revenue streams allowing us to punch above our weight they, just about, allow us to hang on to the coat tails of much smaller clubs.

11 Likes

And there lies the truth.
Well run club my arse.

1 Like

I believe McAnthony years ago watched a documentary Sky Sports did on Posh that randomly involved Big Ron:

He watched it, found the whole thing hilarious and decided he could do a better job. Which he has done given they were pretty much league 2 when he turned up and now established top 10 league one team who’s played a couple of years in championship. And they have a very effective business model.

Sometimes it helps to hit rock bottom and be seen as basketcase in public eye as will attract more people than a club that just plods along out of the spotlight and one that rarely goes up or down.

Think the issue is if this hopefully is rock bottom happening now the next 5 years dosen’t suggest they’ll be a phoenix like rise back up the league structure with the present model staying in place.