Gone very quiet on comms

Like I said. You can literally go and ask the bloke. He already explained his reasons behind not openly disclosing injuries, contracts and tactics in the press at the meet the manager event, so you can’t act surprised that he’s following up on that now.

Do I agree with that strategy? Not particularly, but at least I know and understand the reasons why.

I’m not ‘blaming’ the press, just observing that they’re probably going to have to box a bit more clever when it comes to their interview techniques.

1 Like

No I can’t mate. I work. Like everybody else when they train.

Same here. Drop him an email if you’re that desperate to know. :+1:

So what is it you want? Full disclosure of the potential freehold deal including the heads of terms when agreed? I know it’s frustrating but it’s a business transaction and they have the right to keep cards close to their chest until a deal is brokered. As for the training did you want them to put a special evening session on for you and send you a personal invite? Sometimes I feel like the club is damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

4 Likes

El nombre in contrarian opinion shocker.

16 Likes

Can’t wait till DC turns this all around and signs the players we are all praying for so we can all get back on track and all start pulling in the same direction again .

I know we are all a bit disappointed about our progress as a club atm , but hey wasn’t it great when there was an expectancy buzz around the place not too long ago.

We are all passionate about our club , and I can’t start to say how demoralising it is for me , and probably 100’s more when we start all the back biting and bitching about how ■■■■ it all is again.

For ■■■■ sake we could of easily been a Bury the way things were going , but no lets try and stick together through this and support the people who I believe are trying to drag our club back out of the ■■■■■■■ mess that has been allowed to happen.

UTS

7 Likes

Timescale? Is that too much to ask?

I didn’t even mention the ■■■■■■■ training!

I too have never felt more informed - LP is always approachable around the stadium and writes relevant things in the programme.

Its been communicated to me that DC doesnt give injury updates so im not expecting to hear about Kory or Guthrie.

Honest question - what did you expect? Monthly fan focus meetings? Weekly website blogs? Im interested.

4 Likes

So did Bonser for a while. He did also give answers to questions asked, but people didn’t like/believe what he said so kept repeating them (and threatening him and his family) until he threw his toys out the pram and stopped trying (or even going to games for a while) and it ended up with a bunker mentality on both sides.

I doubt LP will continue with his column forever (well not every single game) - there will come a point where repeating the same thing will just get monotonous to all concerned and there won’t be any point in doing one unless he actually has something to say.

To me that also goes for the manager and players. For some reason fans these days want to know everything about the team and players (from what their girlfriends look like to which hand they wipe their backsides with) and that there is some sort of social rapport outside of matches. So long as they do their jobs keeping fit, picking lineups, formations and tactics, kicking a ball in the right direction, and being competitive in games, then that’s all I need. I don’t need someone to repeatedly tell me we were unlucky, robbed, nearly there, or wanting to win promotion - I will either have seen that for myself or it’s “No ■■■■ Sherlock!” that I’ve heard before so I don’t need to hear it again.

Does it really matter what a manager/player/chairman’s press conference abilities and communication skills are so long as they do their day jobs properly? I’d rather have a dour sourpuss that wins games than a charismatic snake oil salesman who looks great on TV but doesn’t come up with the goods.

Having said that, being open, honest and timely (where possible) with any “news” worth reporting is a good thing - just so long as it’s relevant and not just filler for tomorrow’s chip wrappers.

3 Likes

Whether that’s DCs policy or not, it’s still less communication.

Come on now el_nombre, i have stood up for you in the past but this reply is just bait to start yet another slugfest and ruin yet another thread.
It appears you wont, cant, or refuse to ever learn.

3 Likes

Being as the timescale is most likely fluid depending on numerous factors (if we got two consecutive promotions I am guessing this would speed things up for example) then it will be very difficult to put a timescale on it. Plus if the club said we aim to acquire the freehold in 3 years and it doesn’t happen due to unforeseen circumstances all they will get is criticism so holding their cards close to their chest is probably right in this circumstance.

No you didn’t bring up the training but you put a barrier to entry to why you couldn’t take up the offer Clarke made. The communication on the whole is improving, the club cannot make news up when they don’t have anything to announce particularly.

It just feels like frustrations because we haven’t won every game easily mean every little thing the club does/doesn’t do is criticised. A rebuild won’t happen over night, it’s been years of decline and to stop that rot and move the correct way will take time, hopefully not only do we get to where we once were but we surpass that level and do it sustainably. It will take time and the club need support in my opinion on that.

3 Likes

I wish el_nombre would communicate less :joy:

13 Likes

I wish he’d ■■■■ right off

1 Like

One step at a time.
He still hasn’t quite mastered how to spell Bonser.

1 Like

Some people want LP and DC to come round their house every evening to update them. Afterwards, the team will train in the back garden.

2 Likes

Bravo that man… Sensible comments made in a logical manner, thank you.

1 Like

Personally I think we should sack DC and put you in charge. Afterall you would make better tactical decisions, sign better players, improve the clubs communication, and financially advice LP.

You get my vote pal.

3 Likes

I believe that the odds of us being another Bury have increased, albeit slightly, now that we have a different person owning the club to the one owning the freehold.
It’s OK, in my view for supporters to know how their club is being run and to hold the Directors and manager to account. Blind loyalty is not necessarily a good thing. Supporters are arguably the biggest stakeholders in the club, maybe not financially, but certainly emotionally.

Agree with your other points though.

2 Likes

Right so a timescale, or any kind of details on the deal are too much to ask for? Fair enough. Seems completely ridiculous to me unless the deal with Bonser is actually “yeah I’ll sell one day, trust me”.

Barrier to entry? Come on mate. Nobody is going down to training to do that. Actually somebody already does. Journalists. And that’s the whole purpose of him speaking to them, to give that information to the fans.

But I get it. You can’t ask the same questions of Pomlett and Clarke as you can of others.