Gone very quiet on comms

I think you need to separate the club and Clarke, unless you are saying because the club won’t force Clarke to give this information out they are not doing their job? They recruited Clarke and knew his methods and I back them on that as Clarke has a very good track record at this level with this style of budget compared to what we have had previously.

This actually entertains me whilst im at work haha

1 Like

:joy: same here pal!

1 Like

Talk about going around in circles. Explain why that is better communication than just telling the press?

Indeed. I haven’t once said he isn’t the man to do it I don’t believe? I just disagree with a couple of his policies.

Keep at it boys! :joy: heard any rumours from your end btw @Thanatos ?

Sorry that you can’t get your head around it :man_shrugging: I can’t make it any simpler for you, it gets to a cut off point unfortunately.

I’m sorry but it definitely isn’t. There is no way Keates or Whitney would have been allowed to get away with this policy without criticism.

Dear oh deary me.

Can you explain why the logical fallacy I posted twice is incorrect, in your opinion? :slightly_smiling_face:

I never said Clarke’s comms were better, he is at the same level as others in that he communicates he just chooses differently what to tell people. However as pointed out the thread is about comms from the club going quiet and I would happily argue and defend the clubs that overall the communication from the club is better than last season and steadily improving rather than going quiet.

The media duties for DC are exactly the same. One interview a week with local press, post-match interviews and anything else inbetween that’s important. The style is what has changed.

I also mentioned that DC’s comms are different from previous managers, but there’s also the unprecedented opportunity to have access to the training ground, which has already been taken up by a supporter.

If we go right back to the start of the thread, this is what you said:

"I’d argue we knew more with Bonsor and whatever poor sod he’d got to face the fan wrath at any given time. At least then we knew that we were being screwed."

You also said:

People were quick to moan about comms under our previous leader. . I don’t see any improvement

Several posters have subsequently explained how the comms from LP and the Club as a whole has improved in the last month.

1 Like

No. It’s all there and you are wilfully missing my points now, so there is no point continuing this for me to be accused of derailing the thread :+1:

Have a good day.

And I disagree with them. And I also explained why.

Look you yourself said you don’t want to go around in circles. If you are not going to accept that that is not a viable realistic option for most fans and is not an improvement on communications simply in the press then we are never going to agree on it. Sorry.

I never said his media duties have changed. That doesn’t mean I agree with what he spouts (or doesn’t) in them.

Bagsy having the last word.

5 Likes

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: I tried to be reasonable and respectful to your points there.

You say you disagreed and explained why, however you’re disagreement seems to be with Clarke’s comms policy and ignores totally what the club puts out.

What have the club put out? A few nice tweets? Offered everyone a pint?

Hearts and Minds can never be underestimated. We are no more clued into things that actually matter at the club and even less so on a playing side. But it’s ok, they’ve told us we won’t be.

2 Likes

Clarke has achieved promotion from this league before and he believes that giving the information that you are requesting would give an advantage to other teams.
I personally would much rather he wins promotion than have him telling the world information that he thinks will hamper his targets.

1 Like

They put tweets out fairly regularly along with Instagram and Facebook posts. There is also a ladies page, an academy page and a Community Programme page on social media channels. They also send a weekly newsletter with links to main stories from the previous week and we also have media outlets such as the E&S that report on these stories to keep fans who may have less access to internet. Obviously there is also the main club website with an archive of all the news that the club have put out available.

1 Like

And many managers have achieved promotion without that policy. Many more than just him actually. Forgive me for being sceptical that that was the reason behind his success.

Look what you’ve gone and done!!! :crazy_face::sob::sob::sob::sob::sweat_smile: