Gone very quiet on comms

Why isn’t it?

Just drop him an email.

You are missing the point, again. That’s what the press is for. I’d rather he just spoke to them than having to bombard our manager with E-mails. If you see it as going around in circles then I’m sorry, I’ve tried to stay on track and answer each of your points as you have raised them.

Because some (most) people have to work mate.

Re E-mail see above.

Are you a member of a supporters group, if so why not try raising your issue surrounding comms and how you feel they could be improved. I am sure this can be raised by them on your behalf to the club!

Sweet I will do next time they have a meeting if things don’t improve. Particularly on the managers side :+1:

So let me get this straight…

You’re having a go at D.C. for not communicating… but then you yourself won’t then communicate to an open invitation.

:man_shrugging:t2: Classic.

4 Likes

It’s not my job, that is part of his. But nice straw man.

Why is it part of his job?

He told us he doesnt give much away in the press so not to inform the opposition manager. Solid.

It’s his job to manage the football team, not to put pointless soundbites out to satisfy someone for 5 minutes.

He explained that if people want to know more they are free and welcome to come and have a drink with him. Why don’t you do that?

1 Like

Communicating with the paying fans. Has been for every manager for some time now :+1:

The whole point of this thread is that communication FROM THE CLUB has improved. Now the answer is “well they used to just tell us this stuff but now if you want to find out book a day off work and go down or just bug him every 5 minutes with E-mails”.

Some improvement.

Ay? image

1 Like

DC has clearly stated the professional reasons behind not disclosing certain information, again I don’t particularly agree, but it’s not like the door is closed, just that there’s different ways to find out the information. If you don’t want to pursue those avenues and you believe they’re unreasonable then you should raise it with the media team, or Clarke himself. :grin:

1 Like

I really don’t know I can make that any simpler for you to be honest?

So the answer is Comms, particularly on the playing side, haven’t improved and it’s actually more time consuming to find this information. Cheers :+1:

I have given you examples above of how the club communicate and in the thread we have all discussed what Clarke is and isn’t happy to communicate. I feel in reading between the lines you are unhappy at a deeper level and unfortunately on that I cannot help you.

1 Like

Tell me how that’s an improvement, that will make me happy. On how it was before, ie just have a look online.

You are making zero sense. I’ve exposed the logical fallacy of your argument.

I’ll repeat again for you.

You’re having a go at the manager for not communicating, but in response to Darrell’s open invitation for dialogue… you say you won’t contact him.

That literally makes no sense.

Sounds like you are just trying to argue a point for no other reason than to niggle others.

Are you bored at work?

2 Likes

No you’re totally right. Rather than him just speak to the press as is part of his job it’s much beet for me to have to E-mail him every 5 minutes with questions. Massive improvement on Comms from the club :+1:

Clarke has given his reasons and I would bet if you did go to the training ground he would give you different stories on injured players anyway so as to not give information away he doesn’t want to.

If Clarke’s methods work and we end up successful due to it then what is the problem? If they are not we will get a new manager in who will do things there way.

Communication from the Board (LP) has improved drastically, as pointed out above.

Clarke’s communication is the same as previous managers, in that he performs the same media duties with a different policy on the specific information discussed. However, there’s still the opportunity via various avenues to find this info if you actually want to.

Social media wise, the Club has also taken marked steps forward in terms of fan interaction and engagement.

So, yeah overall I would say that the Club has improved it’s communications on a number of different levels.

4 Likes

I don’t know if you read what you type. But I’d have a little think.

You are making no sense whatsoever.

1 Like