Green Football Fixture

What a load of claptrap.
The future of football is at risk!!!

Virtue signalling nonsense.

5 Likes

Them veggie pies are ruining football.

1 Like

You’ll all have to walk to the ground and give up Bovril.

1 Like

Leave all the green crap for forest green fans.they love their falafel,nut roasts and vegi-burgers . The rats around Nailsworth had a party in the sewers the other night, apparently someone managed to have a crap…:joy:

3 Likes

As it’s a one weekend thing then yes it’s probably is virtue signalling rather than a sustained effort. The future of football at risk though? Yikes. I’d of thought the actions of FIFA, clubs been owned by dodgy states, more VR crap and greedy super league plans were more of a threat to football than a vegan pie option been available on a Saturday.

I’m sure chips will still be available and cremated sausage rolls. Stay strong.

4 Likes

The offerings for vegetarians at Walsall are pretty shite tbh. I either eat before I leave home or take a sandwich with me. Not sure why it causes such angst among the carnivores to give others a better choice. Should be all the time though, not just one game a season.

15 Likes

Yeah thats fair unlike Vince at Forest Green forcing it on fans there should be a choice either way

3 Likes

They used to serve a great cornish pasty with meat (i had one every game). Then they replaced it with a vegan offering. Tasted garbage. (I only tried it once). Now they’ve stopped selling pasties completely. Probably because the sales fell. But I’m happy with the steak pie they sell now. They had better not replace that with Quorn!

1 Like

Could always sell both options.
I tried the pasty last season and thought it was OK. The cheese cobs in The Railway are very good when they are on.

2 Likes

Imagine the farting that will be going on ground will be full of gas

This thread brings back memories

https://fb.watch/pPCWHYAPfN/

Always makes me chuckle does that.

It always makes me laugh on come dine with me when there’s a vegetarian on. Everyone bends over backwards to accommodate them,then on their night they get all Evangelistic and give them nut cutlets or something. Why do vegetarians feel the need to convert everyone else.

1 Like

Most don’t. I certainly don’t. I hate being labelled.
I get though, that someone who is veggie on ethical grounds is going to be uncomfortable cooking meat for others.
There are lots of examples of picky carnivores on that show that don’t like this or that (fatty meat, seafood, fish even). Not such a deal made of that though.
I always wonder why people with such limited taste would go on a show like that tbh

5 Likes

Maybe they are just trying to say …why don’t you try this for a change you might be impressed :man_shrugging:

I’m not a vegetarian but if people want to encourage others to try what they have found to suit them well why not.

It’s a choice, don’t knock it unless you’ve tried it so to speak.

3 Likes

So you’re saying I should go round converting vegetarians to eat meat then. I can’t be arsed,and neither should they.

1 Like

I have no issues with vegetarians as everyone has a choice what they want to eat. Im quite partial to a cauliflower and potato curry. My beef is with the club claiming the future of football is at risk in support of this “event”.

1 Like

Naughty, Naughty.

Yes, you spotted it :grin:. Made me chuckle.

You can always tell within 5 minutes if someone is a vegan, they can’t go longer than that without telling the World.

2 Likes