Grimsby Town (A) - Sat 27th March, 3pm

Sobering thoughts @RobHarv3y

A well run a club they say

The only saving grace for us supporters will be that some of those key people responsible for making key decisions will be the ones likley to lose their jobs if we go non league.

Granted many good people will to, but a fair few of they key decision makers who’ve made the poor decisions should (I’d like to think) find them selves up the job centre.

If we do hit NonLeague I really do believe a Phoenix Club cutting all ties with the current land lord and owner - backed by 3000 fans could get back to national league level quickly

PARK THE BUS AVOID DEFEAT AT ALL COSTS!!!
That would be my pre match team talk.

2 Likes

I think Lavery and Gordon should be introduced to each other before the game,because to be honest they play like strangers once the whistle goes. There’s not the slightest bit of chemistry there. Maybe they’ve been hypnotised,and the sound of the refs whistle makes them play like strangers.

5 Likes

Spoke to a few Grimsby fans they fancy this and think they will beat us.

More Gordon the gopher than Flash this season.

2 Likes

If they have by any chance watched us against Barrow & Southend they won’t need drugs on Saturday night, they will be celebrating a late surge with us replacing them in a relegation spot.
Nailed on 1-0, possibly 2-0 defeat, we can’t score, they can. and have. What chance do we stand of avoiding defeat, they are fighting for their EFL existence, whilst we whimper into submission to the Vanarama League.

How sad it is that I can’t see how we will manage to beat the bottom club.

2-0 defeat.

This is the thing. We could even already be adrift in the relegation places and not feel a win against another struggler is so unlikely.

Can only see a 1-0 defeat. Worrying.

I think we lose 2/1 after taking the lead

Dutton puts it down to luck

Hopefully the precursor to a better performance against Grimsby.

Think it will be a draw.

Lavery gets an awful lot of criticism, and it’s justified, but for me he is more effective than Gordon. It wouldn’t be Lavery I would drop from the starting line up if one had to go.

12 Likes

Tough call they are equally as bad has each other at the moment neither of them offer anything going forward, just alot of running around like headless chickens, and I wouldn’t back any of them to trap a bag of sand let alone a football. I’d honestly prefer to put matt sadler or Dan scarr up top and just bombard crosses and long balls into the box.

Trouble is we have no other options due to poor recruitment and Adebayo leaving and not being replaced properly.

It’s high time to win a footy game and put relegation woes to bed. Who knows, maybe Lavery will score a hattrick.
But if it is not possible, at least don’t make Sunday tough.

I think that we all know that the team, in whatever permutation, is not functioning as an effective unit. The consequence of which is that each department is coming under increasing pressure as it fails to link up with the other elements of the team and becomes even more disjointed.

I have some sympathy with the strikers who it could be argued aren’t getting much quality service to allow them to do their job. How ever true that might be, I find it hard to excuse most of their abject attempts when opportunities come their way. I accept that they don’t get many, but their failure to even force the goalkeeper into needing to make a save is inexcusable. The failure to get their body in the right shape to address the chances is poor, often resulting in mistimed and misplaced headers going wide and sliced off balance shots. Just the type of result you would expect if it were me playing, but not from players who have been deemed worthy of professional careers. Playing football is all that they do. Playing football is all that they train to do. There is hardly any limit on the time available and at their disposal in which to improve and refine their skills. These reasonably good chances and half chances are what they have to capitalise on because that’s a major part of what a striker is there to do.

Over their Walsall careers, both Lavery and Gordon score about once in every four games, so if they were to replicate that average form, we would expect that they would get five goals between them over our remaining ten games. The problem with that, unfortunately, is the evidence of our own eyes might suggest that unlikely, especially as Gordon isn’t displaying that sort of form at the moment.

If they were to manage five goals, I think it would be best if they got three in one match and two in another which at least would give us half a chance of getting a couple of valuable wins. Wishful thinking, I know.

2 Likes

A message from pomlett

1 Like

0-0 what else

5 Likes

Well with our forward line not being short on confidence weem gonna smosh these aye we Caolan,4-0 win it is then with a hatty from your good self.