Grimsby Town (A) - Sat 27th March, 3pm

Our forwards would probably miss those buses

2 Likes

They are just lacking the basics like being able to control the ball or stop falling over when they try and run with it.

1 Like

The first touch of most of the players is astonishing. Maybe we need to slow the pace down as trying to ping passes doesnā€™t seem to work.

1 Like

Interesting stat about Liam Roberts here. The defence is clearly the issue.

1 Like

It certainly is I personally think Leak should play from now on till the end of season,thereā€™s absolutely no reason to drop him after that performance he was brilliant.The lad should have been called Tom Tight because we looked anything but Leaky with him in defence.

Donā€™t give up the day job mate :joy:

1 Like

Itā€™s ten to ten and Iā€™m dropping off on the sofa give me a break Rob :laughing:.

1 Like

Problem is heā€™s probably cost us more than 8 goals!

You must be off your trolley if you think they will keep them out.

0-3 Walsall.

All goals to.be scored by our new forward, Brian Dead.

4 Likes

If this is our forwards being confident can you imagine how ā– ā– ā– ā–  theyā€™d be if their chins dropped. :flushed:

The only way they could be worse is not managing to aim their foot into their boot.

1 Like

Iā€™m now hoping for one of those ā€œhow did we win that?ā€ games.

In survival bids of the past there has been one of those.

Remember winning at Watford under Jan. We were falling like a stone and we won 2-1 with Didier Tholot getting the winner completely against the run of play.

Under Smith we beat Southampton 1-0 at home in a game we could have played exactly the same a hundred times and lost ninety five.

Then the Keates survival season against Northampton. The ball seemed to do everything but go into our net (sure they had an effort that hit post and bar) and then we get the winner at the death giving us little time to bottle it.

It is a damning indictment that I now think we need one of these to preserve our league status. Saturday would be great as it takes 3 points away from a rival.

In essence Iā€™m saying that I donā€™t think we are good enough to beat by definition the worst team in the country but Iā€™m hoping that we somehow scab a win.

Depressing.

3 Likes

Looks as though Holden could be involved.

1 Like

Agreed but I think 95 is an underestimateā€¦I reckon it would be about 99.99% of times :wink:

2 Likes

Grimsby win 1-0

So dutton believes he will still keep his job even if we loseā€¦ whatever happens pomlett was talking out his arseā€¦dutton will be here until end of the season or ate ast until we drop into the relegation places

1 Like

Really looking forward to this. Another mustnā€™t lose game. If Rory starts I think we can sneak a win.

Iā€™ve already given the missus my beer order for when she goes shopping later.

2 Likes

Bloody hell mate she must be as strong as a pack horse :grin: :wink:

3 Likes

Just watched Duttonā€™s pre Grimsby interview on Youtube. He rolled out these stats for all our strikers which was is quite frightening if true. Their professional career goals are:-

Lavery 34 goals in 9 seasons
Gordonn 20 goals in 3 seasons
Mcdonald 7 goals in 3 seasons
Osadebe 9 goals in 7 seasons
Osei Yaw 0 goals
Wright 0 goals
Nolan 0 goals
Reid 0 goals

He said that when he took the reigns as manager the above players had played 5755 minutes and contributed 6 goals between them. Of our 33 goals scored up to that point this season Adebayo had scored 10 of those.

No wonder we are where we are. What a complete shambles of a squad.

3 Likes

Well, she is originally from The Lye (she prefers to say Stourbridge). 8 1/2 stone wringing wet but that doesnā€™t stop her.

I do my bit by unloading the car when she gets back

2 Likes