Grimsby Town (H) 12th September, 3.00pm

Just had a little play.

Connecting to iFollow via the club website normally only offers season/monthly audio passes and individually game video (at £10 per pop). Outside of the BCD period, I believe Saturday 3pm games will not normally be available, only midweek or early/late kick offs.

Tried again over a VPN and now season/monthly video passes are also available. My test connection was via the US so price quoted in dollars but for a season pass it works out (at current exchange rate) at £140 - and you can watch all EFL games regardless of day and time.

Didn’t watch it because I don’t want to consume my WFC fix in that way. Nevertheless, pleased we won, and glad Eli scored. Onward and upward.

Pleased with the win, and generally thought we did well.
I didn’t understand why DC dropped Jules and gave the shirt to CCM.
I thought CCM struggled with his positional play and fitness.
I like the way the team closed down and was please for Norman who was excellent, i have been a big critic of his and his football ability in the past but thought he was MOM closely followed by Eli. Still think we need a bit more quality in the striking department if we are to mount a real challenge. Loved the cameo by Osadebe, when he’s fit I think he could be a real handful.

Couldn’t watch the game today, I was otherwise engaged in fitting a new kitchen sink for mom, but was elated at the news of the win.
But by the sound of it we should have scored a few more, it may just be a case of the forwards being a bit rusty? or the fact that we just can’t score, if it’s the latter then we need to invest
I think it is the latter, and as I predicted the 1-0 win, I think there will be a few more of those this season.

2 Likes

Sounds about right Andy. They add tax on based on the country you “are in”

Mixed feelings. Good because win, bad because my subscription to IFollow doesn’t work, as it should. Well, problems of the first world it seems.

Optimus Prime or Giedi Prime?

1 Like

Don’t think we have a problem at striker. In fact I think we have three strikers in the side capable of double figures in a season.

It’s more the quality of chance they get (granted Lavery should have buried one today, but for me he’s third choice anyway). Still think we’re a winger short of walking this league but I think with this squad we should challenge at the very least.

5 Likes

That’s right, Normal Saturday games wouldn’t be available, I guess that’s why they don’t offer a season video pass for UK cos it wouldn’t be worth it as you wouldn’t be able to watch most games anyway.

Ian Holloway’s thoughts on today’s game, no crowds and iFollow…

2 Likes

Seems very honest and gives us lots of credit.

Thought their centre halves were their best players to be fair so not surprised to hear they have options there. The amount they gave it away and the centre halves dug them out was ridiculous. Looked a bottom half side to me.

Yes, seems a stand-up bloke…had to laugh when he was talking about iFollow

2 Likes

Always Optimus.

1 Like

Sounds like he was making every excuse in the book to me and talking nonsense, glad we never appointed him.

This made me laugh…

4 Likes

When was the last time Walsall started the season without a new signing in the first XI?

1 Like

great interview

I’m sure someone mentioned the 95/96 Division 2 season under Chris Nicholl.

Nice to be talking about something other than covid infection rates eh?!

1 Like

Sshhhsssss, don’t mention the virus, otherwise we will have all the medical experts and government bashers, EU remainers on their soap boxes and some even on their high horses!!!

2 Likes