Grimsby Town (H) 12th September, 3.00pm

No, it was 96-97 they came up with. Can’t remember who it was.

High horse not needed. Very tiny pony quite adequate.

(Piers Corbyn and friends popped into Brum apparently)

Please please please can we keep all of the other ■■■■ out of the match threads?

20 Likes

Please keep this **** off the thread

1 Like

…but the Illuminati made me do it. Honest.

No idea how I managed to get a monthly video pass. just looked at iFollow again and there only seemed to be individual game passes. Maybe they class Yorkshire as overseas!

Sky (UK viewers)

Quest highlights

Sky for all

Now on YouTube

3 Likes

Have you forgot how well we where playing before the season was ended then.

Passes for the Wednesday game were shown as available when I first looked, but disappeared a day or so before the game.

And if I check my account purchases, it looks like I’ve already got a pass for next week even though I haven’t bought one yet and there isn’t one showing on my dad’s account.

The vagaries of iFollow! :joy:

Might have been on One Pod Beyond?

Great start!

UTS

:wave:

On the Sheff Wed thread.

Team would’ve been summat like Walker, Evans, Daniel, Viveash, Mountfield, Bradley, Ntamark, Marsh, Butler, Lightbourne, Wilson.

1 Like

I didn’t see the first half, so can’t comment on that. I thought Grimsby started the second half really well, and wasted several good positions they got in to. Didn’t last long though, and from then on there only looked one winner.

It was mentioned above, I think this team will be set up nicely to win a fair few away games. Although how not having fans in the ground will affect the dynamics of being home and away, I’m not sure. I liked the way our attacking quartet worked at times, especially when we were on a break.

I wish Wes would go on the outside sometimes, rather than inside every time. Not a criticism, I just felt he took the cut inside option too many times, I’ve seen him go on the outside and drill the ball in lots of times last season. Holden looks like a real quality signing, I love the way he is playing that role, he will be key for us this season.

The improvement of Norman is huge, he looks a completely different player now, very impressed with him again yesterday. Did Roberts get a fingertip to that shot that hit the post towards the end? My eyes aren’t the best but it did look like he had. Fine save if he did, a bit of luck we thoroughly deserved if he didn’t.

Very pleased and positive, not getting carried away, we won 1-0 first game last season, but this does feel a lot different. Not blinded by the euphoria of Bonser finally stepping down, a settled squad that had just hit form when things were closed down last season, with a few nice additions. We could do well, how well I’m not quite sure yet.

11 Likes

No it has been so long since we played

Always liked Ian Holloway, even more now. Not bitter, no backhanded compliments, just honest.

6 Likes

Yesterday :rofl:

I agree. Holloway very honest there and the last 30 seconds about the empty ground were spit on.

3 Likes

Player ratings

Robo - poor distribution for most of the game . But can always be counted upon to make a great save or two as he finger tipped on to the post to get us over the line. 6

Norman - WTF has happened to him he is showing great form and energy levels my MOTM . 8

CCM - poor positioning. did not give Wes any support either. 5

Scarr - Another solid display. Would like to see him being more of a threat from Our set pieces 7

Clarke - Still looks a bit sluggish. But good game overall 6

Kinsella - pressed the ball well and some good tackles 6

Bates - tidy nothing spectacular 6

Gordon - worked hard as always will be disappointed not get a goal 6

Holden - improving every game . Vital player for our hopes of promotion. Shows class at times . 7

Wes - Not back to his best yet. And was a bit predictable today. Sure he will back on form soon (worked hard) 6

Adebayo -7 A real handful and a goal for confidence. (Even if he can only score if it requires 1 touch). 7
Subs
Asadebe looks a player to me ,a player to get you up of your seat.(can’t wait to see him play when we’re allowed in) 6

Lavery - missed a good opportunity. 5

Sinclair- looked slightly off the pace when he came on . 5

Manager
Got it right today So credit to Clarke . Maybe should have played Jules 7

A good opening day team performance
UTS

7 Likes

It was so sad listening to a manager who has lived for the game for so long and is evidently just as completely heartbroken at the whole situation as every football fan.

7 Likes

To be fair I thought his kicking is a lot better than a year or two ago though, at least they stay in play. And I like how often he looks for a quick throw out to the full back, although one went wrong yesterday when he ended up on the floor.