Grimsby Town (H) 12th September, 3.00pm

Disgusting habit

2 Likes

Joking apart , did see players on tv spitting on the pitch, not to be recommended at this time.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: I shanā€™t edit my post so that this continues to make sense!!

3 Likes

Glad you didnā€™t mark my homework when I was at school :wink:

5 Likes

Good start to the season,itā€™s always easier to build on a decent start after so many false dawns last season.

1 Like

Just my opinion mate not god sent :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™d worked that out :+1:

Iā€™m absolutely buzzing for Cam Norman. Keep in kind before Oxford this lads level was kings lynn and Norwich united in the national league south and southern league! Really stepped up this pre season using his physical size and pace to defend and get forward.

2 Likes

Belphegor
I agree with the comments about picture quality and commentary. but for us exiles that canā€™t get to games itā€™s great value for money. 160 quid to watch every home and away game ay to be sniffed at.

Three and half quid a game

Totally agree, mate!

1 Like

The Holloway interview was interesting, enjoyed his making fun of ifollow, so true.
Iā€™ve found him to be a very honest, sincere man who will get his team right.
We have our man, so do Grimsby.

1 Like

Watching some old Fellows Park footage over the weekend led me to thinking about the handful of folk who used to watch the game from the railway bridge on Wallows Lane.

From the best angle on there I think you could see just over half the pitch. Wonder how many people would have been on there in these circumstances or whether the local authority would have closed the pavement.

1 Like

I know a lot of people used leave the ground with 10 mins to go,then stand and watch the rest of the game on the bridge so they could make a quick getaway.

Used to make me loff the way that the games chosen for televised highlights had to be kept quiet until 3:01pm on a Saturday to ensure attendances werenā€™t impacted.

On our rare Star Soccer appearances the clearly visible from the railway bridge scaffolding for cameras and Hugh Johns could be seen going up either from Friday lunchtime or early Saturday morning.

2 Likes

Never understand why people leave early (unless they have jobs to go to) just for a quick getaway. Could be embarrassing!

A bonus Alan Partridge impression by the presenter too!

He was known as Huge Ones in my house when I was a kid.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never missed a kick off or left a game early in my life. Never understood anyone who would.

1 Like

Missed the odd kick off, mainly because of beer but sometimes traffic.

Always stay to the end - though sometimes I do the equivalent of the Fellows Park move onto the big bank for a smart getaway. In both grounds our standing and seating positions have meant we have been last out .

We missed most of the Accrington game because of a bit of a shunt, i HATE the M6 with a vengeance :rage:

I only left early once when we were beating Southport 6-0 in the !959/60 so missed the last 2 goals in our 8-0 triumph. One was scored as I crossed the Hillary St car park to catch the bus and the second was scored as I was sitting on the top deck waiting for it to move. Those were the days my friends!!!

1 Like

I remember getting up to leave early at a game at Bescot a few years ago, and the look i got from Dean Holden nearly made me sit down again :joy: