Grimsby Town (H) 31st Aug, 3pm

You are below the expectations of the club, the bookies and the majority of fans who voted on the poll on this site at the start of the season for their expectations then.

Whatever way you cut it, mid table after making certain statements (God forbid you suggest keeping Pomlett to his words) is a disappointment.

I expect us to be in and around higher middle table and the play-offs.

I’d be comfortable with a slightly lower position, depending on the context.

Hope that clears that up. :+1:

2 Likes

It’s a disappointment to you, based on your interpretations.

Others may have a different view. I think we’ll be above half way and maybe in the playoffs, although I’m hoping for more.

And presumably all the people that my expectations are in line with (club included).

1 Like

I think we’ve been around long enough to understand that aspirations and expectations aren’t really the same.

I’ll think we’ll draw 1-1 by the way, another milestone en route to establishing a decent team.

Absolutely. I seem to remember Mole and Gamble being derided for stating aims that were not aimed for in any logical way whatsoever. Pomlett should be no different if that turns out to be the case. We won’t know until the end of the season though so hopefully we do make a decent fist of it :+1:

1 Like

I think we’re in danger of agreeing! :thought_balloon: :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It’s a must win because we have one won in 5 languishing at the bottom of the league and been knocked out of the cup by errr the mighty Crawley Town…

Or like others have said have we fallen so far that a draw against the mighty Grimsby would have the fans purring

‘Good result that. Grimsby are a good side’ :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

It’s a must win for me. End of

3 Likes

If it’s ‘must-win’ then what are the consequences if we don’t win?

We fall further down the table. Closer to the conference

2 Likes

So there’s no real consequences then, because it’s August and there’s another 40 games after this one remaining.

The final play-off position last season was filled by Newport County on 71 points, who lost 15 games and drew 11. There’s a long, long way to go yet.

2 Likes

Yet here we are after 5 games in the mighty 4th Division languishing near the bottom and all hoping that the mighty Grimsby don’t hammer us at home! Bit of a disappointing start to DC’s footballing philosophy (or lack of it currently).
I’m hoping for a win, I’m also hoping to win the lottery, think I stand more chance of the latter!

thats the spirit :smiley:

Everyone knew that DC’s team generally start slow, yet are now complaining about the guy and his methods. I for one have full faith in him, hes a proper manager and whether its this season or not, he WILL get us out of league 2! We’ve had a major overhaul from top to bottom of the club in the summer, and its been one month. That said, we are lacking a finisher and a creative player, which we will sign. We will 100% be in or around the playoffs come the end of the season.

3 Likes

Walsall will score nil tomorrow.
Grimsby will net two.
Before a crowd of 4672.

We will dominate the statistics…

Can’t see anything other than a Grimsby win - 3-0

Wild celebrations will be enjoyed when someone in a Walsall shirt hits the ball with a forward motion of their leg in a direction vaguely close to the opposition goal. That will be progress.

1 Like

We’ve fallen that far down that a last minute own goal equaliser will keep the happy clappers happy

1 Like

Correct :+1:

Odd. All the bookies odds I saw reflected a bang-average mid-table expectation.
Although what do the bookies know - they even have us as favourites against Grimsby. They obviously don’t read this site (and who could blame them).

2 Likes

They should be crap though because like the excuse trotted out for our performances so far surely they can`t have “gelled”