Grimsby Town (H) 31st Aug, 3pm

They’ve got three more points than us. They’re not an amazing side, but like all games at this level it’s probably going to be a tough game that we’ll have to work hard in if we want to get a positive result.

As we have not signed any players in time for tomorrow, I’m expecting the usual 8-1-1 formation.

To be fair I’m expecting us to lose. Matt Green and Hanson great signings.
We should have gone for them.

Clarke has signed players who aren’t even gonna get to the match day squad let alone the first team. Facey springs to mind. He must start with Hardy and McDonald. They look like the only 2 creative outlets. Mcdonald looks a great player. Why are we not starting him

They all had us very good odds for the play offs but hey maybe you shop around better than me :man_shrugging:

Sorry, that sentence is complete gibberish.

I … literally don’t know how I can simplify it for you?

1 Like

Not taking sides here, but I understood it straight away.

Depends how hyperbolic you want to be. Obviously if it’s a draw or loss dosen’t mean the team are going to get relegated into non league.

However even with a slow start you don’t want to be giving the frontrunners too much of a head start. Reality is no win tomorrow and team will only be a point or two off the bottom places.

Grimsby have been mid table last few seasons and rarely figure in the promotion race so yes it’s the sort of home game that needs to be won if you want to mount a credible promotion bid.

The next home game after this is Bradford City who are improving after a slow start so fair enough if you think that’s more likely a win than tomorrow. Not winning Grimsby would just pile more pressure on that game and Colchester away.

OK, I’m always happy to learn new stuff.
What exactly were these “very good odds for the play offs”?

2-1 win to us.

Bringing my old man to this one, ironically his first game since the Bristol Rovers game on Boxing Day where a combination of his comments and my annoyance led to a thread that resonated with a lot of us, and then let to WSFC starting!

Hopefully he’ll enjoy it more this time :joy:

1 Like

2-0, but this time brothers Own Goal and Defensive Clanger. More seriously, 1-0 will be ok. Who will score? Irrelevant.

Strikers? What are they? Personnel who refuse to work? :laughing:
Seems from reports that our players are working very hard so, no strikers here. In fact, that seems to be the problem we have…
I’m puzzled. :confused:

1 Like

Yes we definitely should have signed those two strikers that scored 9 goals between them last season.

They would have definitely solved our goalscoring woes at the moment.

1 Like

Good god I really hope we beat these. Would be absolutely ■■■■■■■ brilliant on here after some of the rubbish posted on here this week.

2 Likes

Time for some positivity again, 2-1 to the Saddlers, Adebayo with one of them. A win could put us right back up the table and calm some of the nerves. We will make signings before the window, the forwards will be aware of that and they will be playing for their places today. Sure that DC has a plan - come on you Saddlers!!

2 Likes

Just hope we dont play kinsella and sinclair together to defensive at home

Just love Michal’s Walsall goalscorers…OG & defensive clanger!
The only forwards capable of scoring for us at the moment, or of course these mystical Striker/forwards that were going to be signed before the Grimsby fixture!

I think Michal lives in the real world and is pretty clued up

3 Likes

Grimsby why oh why Grimsby, the working mans Hull, over the years I have for some strange reason developed a soft spot for them , not in the sense of a second team but a club whoose score i look for on a Saturday , maybe its the Buckley connection , maybe its the infamous post on the fishy forum when they were relegated from the league, maybe its the fact we never lose to them at home or maybe its just the name of the town GRIM sbe.

Anyway a fine dusplay today against the high scoring cod from southside of the Humber will see the mighty saddlers rise up from 19th place to win by a solid 3 v 2 margin sending all the lads and lasses home with smiles on their faces.

1 Like