Ground share?

Ground share with Coventry?? Down to talks with two clubs now and Burton are one, who’s the other??

0 Likes

That’s all we need :pensive:

0 Likes

Sure we were mentioned last time before they went to Northampton in 2013 .

If there’s money involved , and our early birds are as low as expected you can bet your life it’ll be considered by the Chairman … to be honest he may as well give them the ■■■■■■■ place

2 Likes

Walsall Phoenix … the team I played for in the 1960’s
A chance to rise from the ashes of what is unfolding

0 Likes

Blues is the other one I reckon.

Have to say after all that’s happened this season the club daring to share with Coventry and I would boycott all home games until Coventry do one.

I’d like to think it won’t happen anyway, the club is very poor on most customer things but that would be a step too far.

1 Like

The EFL powers that be said that they had to play within 6 miles of Coventry City centre, so I doubt it would be us.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47441459

0 Likes

Bonzo would find some way to move the boundary lines to fudge the distance

0 Likes

Pretty sure they eased off that demand to 50 mile radius hence why Burton is now a strong possibility.

0 Likes

I presume it’s as the crow flies, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he has his own ‘special’ crow. Maybe he’ll use the same mathematician who said the club couldn’t afford the leasehold.

2 Likes

So it could be us then! Did anyone spot any sky blue seats being installed today?

0 Likes

Now that WOULD be ironic,Coventry paying Walsall rent,so we can pay JB rent.

4 Likes

I remember , but Burton aren’t within six miles so they have changed goalposts again to suit a “top” cough cough club

1 Like

Tough on talk, weak on action.

1 Like

A bit of extra cash for a couple of seasons , what could possibly go wrong

1 Like

7 Likes

Exactly. The EFL always talk tough then back down.

0 Likes

I’m pretty sure that it’s their closest neighbours, Birmingham City.

0 Likes

Good summary of their current woes in today’s Observer.

1 Like

How I would love for us to have a beautiful stadium like the Ricoh , our ground is like a glorified bus shelter .

Maybe we could move to the Ricoh and pay them rent , and Coventry move here and pay Bonser rent , not much change I know but at least we’d have a nice ground

2 Likes

Yeah a 25,000 stadium with 3,000 in it.

1 Like