Ground share?

Ground share with Coventry?? Down to talks with two clubs now and Burton are one, who’s the other??

That’s all we need :pensive:

Sure we were mentioned last time before they went to Northampton in 2013 .

If there’s money involved , and our early birds are as low as expected you can bet your life it’ll be considered by the Chairman … to be honest he may as well give them the ■■■■■■■ place

2 Likes

Walsall Phoenix … the team I played for in the 1960’s
A chance to rise from the ashes of what is unfolding

Blues is the other one I reckon.

Have to say after all that’s happened this season the club daring to share with Coventry and I would boycott all home games until Coventry do one.

I’d like to think it won’t happen anyway, the club is very poor on most customer things but that would be a step too far.

1 Like

The EFL powers that be said that they had to play within 6 miles of Coventry City centre, so I doubt it would be us.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47441459

Bonzo would find some way to move the boundary lines to fudge the distance

Pretty sure they eased off that demand to 50 mile radius hence why Burton is now a strong possibility.

I presume it’s as the crow flies, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he has his own ‘special’ crow. Maybe he’ll use the same mathematician who said the club couldn’t afford the leasehold.

2 Likes

So it could be us then! Did anyone spot any sky blue seats being installed today?

Now that WOULD be ironic,Coventry paying Walsall rent,so we can pay JB rent.

4 Likes

I remember , but Burton aren’t within six miles so they have changed goalposts again to suit a “top” cough cough club

1 Like

Tough on talk, weak on action.

1 Like

A bit of extra cash for a couple of seasons , what could possibly go wrong

1 Like

7 Likes

Exactly. The EFL always talk tough then back down.

I’m pretty sure that it’s their closest neighbours, Birmingham City.

Good summary of their current woes in today’s Observer.

1 Like

How I would love for us to have a beautiful stadium like the Ricoh , our ground is like a glorified bus shelter .

Maybe we could move to the Ricoh and pay them rent , and Coventry move here and pay Bonser rent , not much change I know but at least we’d have a nice ground

2 Likes

Yeah a 25,000 stadium with 3,000 in it.

1 Like