Harrogate Town (H) - Fri 2nd April, 3pm

You do realise that today is April 1st … :wink:

4 Likes

:rofl: true mate did I post it after 12pm :thinking: that makes me the fool doesn’t it? Mind you we all must be fools to follow this lot!

2 Likes

All true. The only thing to say is that we do not play better against the poorer teams or worse against the better teams. We coped well with Cambridge, Cheltenham, even Bolton for much of the game.

1 Like

I agree mate the sad thing is there’s not much between a good portion of this league it’s just fine margins of crap is the best way I can describe it.I still feel it wouldn’t have taken and will not take much to be involved in the higher end of the table next season providing we are still in league two.I think we need to be a bit more savvy in our recruitment for example there’s nothing wrong with signing a 35 year old striker that’s going to score you 12-15 goals on a one year deal or a big bruiser of a midfielder etc etc.We haven’t done what other teams have done in certain areas and we change things around far too much during games,we have a man here now who’s been involved with this bunch for nearly 2 years and if he’s honest with himself doesn’t have a scooby doo what’s best for the team or the players as individuals now that’s absolutely shocking to me.

2 Likes

I agree with earlier comment, Express and star putting that Dutton wants us to attack, good April fool joke. 2.0 Harrogate hope I’m wrong but I’ve watched walsall on ifollow nearly all season but not watching this one Friday as it’s to depressing

The way my acca is panning out after today…I need us, orient, and Bolton to win for a tidy £400 :flushed:

I won 't be watching despite having the I follow season ticket. Going to Home Bargains is better entertainment for me!

1 Like

Mateeeee what you playing at having us to win in an acca?

If we lose its a double kick in the ■■■■■■■■!

Draw alllll the way, this one. 1-1.

Another draw 1-1 for me.

Can I just say it’s definitely a 4-2 to the beautiful babbies!

I do not disagree but I suppose Dutton could argue that he picked up a team who had lost its main source of goals, then its main playmaker picked up a long term injury. In addition, both Clarke and Scarr have had long term injuries, as well as Gordon and now, it appears, Melbourne. And he would not have had a chance to recruit outside the transfer window.

I agree about the poor standard and the lack of much difference between the teams. This is why I think a key point is attitude and another is confidence. The latter must be low but what always puzzles me is the negative attitude we seem to have in matches against poorer opposition. I do feel that the manager has responsibility for that but also the senior players too. We need desperately a Martin O’Connor type.

1 Like

Think we are going to see a very different game , attacking and positive .

So I’m going for 0-0

1 Like

Another tough game. To say we need a win echo’s the sentiment of all Saddlers fans.
Without a win in…what? 18 games is it? Please correct me if I’m wrong. Should Harrogate win then we’re facing the unthinkable.
Dutton has to pick an attacking side and just go for it. Our forwards need to act like it score some goals, a contribution from the midfield would help as well.
It’s going to be difficult to motivate team who doesn’t have confidence in their manager.

1 Like

Well, I’ve paid my tenner again and I’m looking forward to an all out attacking formation producing exciting football and a hatful of goals.
I’m looking forward to that - whether I actually get that remains to be seen…

1 Like

We have an imposter from the Harrogate fans forum!:wink:

2 Likes

Have you had a premonition ? :grin:

An Easter rising?

1 Like

Could I ask if anyone has ever watched a Walsall game without consuming any alcohol or maybe some other stimulant… before and/or during and/or after a Walsall game ?

I cant say I ever have, pre match anaesthetic would be the description we used when sitting with two pints and a table of empties on the table in the Royal Oak or Fullbrook at 14:50 on a match day when I was a lad

Asking for a friend who cracked the first one @ 10am who has a conspiracy theory

1 Like

I haven’t tried watching a game this season as the booze helps me nod off :grinning:

2 Likes

I have had a lot of games without a drink because i usually drive, i just drown my sorrows when i get home :grimacing: