Harrogate Town (H) - Fri 2nd April, 3pm

I believe Dutts will have to throw the kitchen sink at the next two games , can’t afford to play as he has since he took over , has to try to win for me .

If duttons been told he has got to win one of the next 2 surely for his own sake he would go for it and not play defensive.
Could be career suicide if we believe pomlett

1 Like

Easier said than done though getting the team in a different frame of mind from the backs to wall approach we have seen from Duttons teams so far . Has to play Wright and McDonald in this one to give us a threat.

1 Like

Aaron Williams, Nicky Featherstone, Craig MacGillivray, Andy Watson and Trevor Benjamin have played for both clubs.

Brian Dutton (do you know him?) also played for them.

2 Likes

I’d go:

Roberts

Norman Clarke Sadler Melbourne

Perry Bates

Wright Osadebe Macdonald

Lavery

Two holding players are a little Young but we are playing Harrogate for god sake - attack attack attack!

5 Likes

Honestly think is the last chance to win a game all season.

0-0!

3 Likes

Any side that excludes Gordon looks good for me been absolute taters this season and annoys the hell out of me giving daft free kicks away.

1 Like

I agree.

My honest gut feeling is that if we don’t win this we will go down, and that will be irrespective of Pomlett sacking Dutton, it will be too late to arrest this slide against the likes of Tranmere and FGR.

1 Like

BD always seems to play 3/5 at the back so I doubt that this will be the team.

Actually, I wish he would not - the wing backs are usually full backs with limited attacking nous and, if we do come under pressure, all 5 become FT defenders and with the two defensive midfielders too, we have 7 defenders, which is possibly one reason why the last ten or fifteen minutes we are usually under the cosh, even when the opposition have 10 men, as with Southend.

The other problem is that it stops Wes playing and even Wright struggles to fit in - he is not a wing back.

1 Like

Your wish is Brian’s command.

He says:
“We’ve been waiting for a good opportunity and I feel like this is a really good opportunity to get a win,”

So Southend and Grimsby were not opportunities to win? Perhaps reveals he saw them as don’t lose matches.

Good to see Holden fit. And he was right not to risk him against Grimsby.

Lump on 4-2 Saddlers, I keep telling thee

1 Like

When was the last time WE scored 4 goals in a game? :joy:

1 Like

19 December 2020. How could you forget the Scrimaldo show against Vale?

2 Likes

May as well have been a lifetime ago :wink:

My personal opinion is that if someone’s lower than you in the league you see them as at least winnable ties and that’s at least,really you should be going to play the bottom two sides to win especially as times running out this isn’t the table after 8 games this is almost a completed season.

We aren’t in the best of form I think that’s putting it kindly so if he had the thought process of at least if we don’t lose to Grimsby and Southend they haven’t caught us up mentality he’s playing a dangerous game because these fixtures at least in my eyes were must wins well ok then being realistic 4 points out the two games.

The games we have coming up are tougher than those 2 to me anyway so if he thinks we are all of a sudden going to win them he’s very much mistaken,the more and more I watch us the more and more I feel Brian is trying to Draw his way to safety,I just hope he gets this right because this would be devastating to us all if he gets this wrong.

2-0 win. Early goals and then successfully defend for our lives to keep Harrogate out.

4-2 :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Ok you win :grin:

I put £10 on at 150/1

2 Likes

In similar wording to those of a famous American President…
‘Ask not what you can do for your club, but what your club can do for you’…Attack! attack! attack!

We can but dream…
Unfortunately we have dull, dour, boring Dutton in charge so it will be defend, defend, defend, hoping to hang on for another scintillating 0-0 draw, until of course in the 86th minute, one of their big lads nicks a goal and it’s a 0-1 defeat.