Has Walsall's decline 'bottomed out'

Fool.

:joy::joy::joy:

Pomlett deserves credit for stepping aside the bloke was a disaster at running the club worse than Bonser was at that but i believe him more he is a genuine fan and wants us to do well dont doubt that about him at all.

2 Likes

Walsall fans revert to type.

From the 1990s through to the 2020s Fans would build up steam to put pressure on board only for pressure to dissipate once results turned.

Mid 90s after Sorensen as soon as Ray started winning it went away. Where’s the money gone was a popular chant. In to the 00s the Cyprus flags and Unity soon went away when things improved.

Scratch beneath the surface of Flynns regime& the same poor footballing infrastructure that failed Keates Clarke Whitney etc is still there.

Until we see structure and the freehold back as well as promotion we can’t be patting anyone on the back

Our apathy as a fanbase and fickle nature has allowed us to be fooled for far to long !

1 Like

Speak for yourself.

I’ve always been proud to tell people I support Walsall, whatever division, however we are fareing, as it’s a small, exclusive club. My venom has always been towards Bonser for pickpocketing the freehold and making millions from a lower league club. Pomlett isn’t perfect, but he has done what he said he would do, in finding investors that are looking to take the club forward. He has also appointed decent managers, rather than the usual cheap options in order to try to get us back up to our natural place, L1.

So, a pat on the back from me

We are now moving in the right direction on the pitch and if we finish 20 odd points better than the last two seasons then that will be another pat on the back from me.

13 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

What even is a Brian Dutton?

Come on, you can do better than that!

Dutton was appointed mid season after Clarke left with us in a relatively safe position. It was a pragmatic decision, which gave Dutton a chance, and the club time to look for the right manager, rather than appoint someone from a much smaller pool in Jan / Feb. His contract was only until the end of that season and wasn’t renewed. It didn’t work out but no harm was done either.

Pomlett has appointed 3 permanent managers

Clarke (overwhelming supported by the fans)
Taylor (Very much supported by the fans)
Flynn (Overwhelmingly supported by the fans)

Compare that with some of the dross that Bonser appointed.

6 Likes

Which is one of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen for a Walsall chairman and almost cost us our league status.

I think it’s you who needs to do better mate :man_shrugging:

Who left because of Pomlett.

And completely undermined by Pomletts decision to appoint a DOF in possibly the second worst appointment by a Walsall chairman I’ve ever seen.

After he already knew he was selling up and has “sort of” been backed after Pomlett failed at his stated aim of making us a league one club again.

1 Like

No, I’m fine. The argument is made. Let’s leave it there.

3 Likes

Indeed it has.

If the best thing Pomlett has managed to do is replace himself, then I think that tells us everything we need to know about his tenure…and he hasn’t yet even managed to that properly :joy:

5 Likes

I’d like to see you expand on that line of thinking, please…

1 Like

From someone that hated Bonser with a passion, that is a strange point of view Geordie.
Pomlett is the conduit for freeing the club from Bonser, once and for all. He said up front what his objectives were, and he is on the way to achieving them
His tenure may end up being short, but if it results in us moving forward with Trivela than he will have done a great job, as it was he that made it happen.

4 Likes

Flippin heck it was a tongue in cheek comment, based on 3/4 years of by and large garbage football, and the very Walsallesque comedic anomoly of having the same people in roles running the club after two takeovers :crazy_face:

Up theTrevela :+1: :+1:, hoping its going to be an actual decline bottoming and upward trajectory from here…and not just some until recently very exasperated and over-stressed manager holding a familiar shitshow together before finally losing his blob in January.

1 Like

Apologies- I didn’t read it that way, which is why I thought it odd.

2 Likes

The thing that really puzzles me about Pomletts disciples, despite the three years of abject failure, the bloke literally stood on a stage not 5 months ago and outright said “I failed in my main objective”.

Say that as a fan though and you “need to do better” :man_shrugging:

The can to do better comment was about picking Dutton to undermine my point that he had tried to bring in decent managers at this level, nothing more.

If facts undermine your point that’s not my problem to be honest.

It would appear that your “problems” run much deeper :wink:

2 Likes

Because of course we have to get personal. Boring AF