Has Walsall's decline 'bottomed out'

Disciples?

1 Like

Yes, disciples.

I couldn’t possibly comment.
Oh alright I will lower myself to this crap.

Once again it’s cyclical with this club, and it takes time to sort it. Unless like Bonser did with Dickey you fund a team that’s way too good for this division, which left us owing him a couple of million, which was then taken back in the Fox/Dann debacle.
Here it is again as you seem to have missed it…

It’s fine appointing the managers. But when these other managers like Clarke had done well before, and then do well afterwards - it shows where the problem is don’t you think.

Watching the back end of last season unravel under Taylor was scary. How long he was left in a job was scary. It was as equally worrying as the waffle about Dutton.

Quick turn around :joy:

I didn’t miss it. It was bollocks then and it’s bollocks now.

PS, Mel, this is what I mean by disciples :+1:t3: Literally spent one year in Div 4 in the 25 years prior to Pomletts reign :joy:

The bloke failed. Not my words, his :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Indeed. The problem lay with the bloke that raped the club for 20 odd years. Pomlett, as we know isn’t a wealthy man, but his legacy will be that he leaves the club in a much better position than when he took it over, bringing in the new owners who will reunite the club with the freehold and reverse the decline of recent years. We may still get out of this division before he hands over his remaining shares.

My two biggest criticisms of Pomlett were firstly, selling Adebayo without bringing in anything like a decent replacement, which was the straw that broke the camel’s back for Clarke, and secondly, over-selling the product, which led to higher expectations than he was able to deliver on.

Covid spooked him big time in my view, possibly due to his own lack of resources.

7 Likes

Pomlett took us to depths of shitness I never thought possible. Were on a great run of form. I love it. Long may it continue. Yet to see significant Investment from the Americans. Weve signed some decent players at this level and some desperate ones. Lets see if Flynn is backed in January to sign Dj or an equivalent. If the plan is to limp to the end of the season with Wilkinson regaining fitness. Thats not investment

I cant see much happening with the Saddlers club. Wheres the 300k being spent. Whats the delay

Sounds pretty much like an approximate 20 year cycle of success and decline to me.

Any way I’ve got a fence post I’ve got to go and talk to now…

4 Likes

Glass half full v glass half empty. Hmmm. I know which one I prefer.

4 Likes

Most of yours glasses of Belgian beer ARE half empty :joy:

3 Likes

No, they are half full :smiley: (well at least to start with)

1 Like

Bar staff giving you too much head?

If only :flushed:

It doesn’t matter how many times you repost it it still won’t make any sense :joy: 20 year cycle could be the most ridiculous f***ing thing I’ve ever read on this site. Especially when it’s 25 and lasted three times as long as the last “cycle”

It doesn’t matter how many times I post it as you have no interest or ability to understand.
Here’s a clue.

Any way I’ve got nowhere talking to the fence post, I’m off to give a brick wall a try…

4 Likes

You’re damn right :joy:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Tis all about January for me!

Our record off the pitch in the Jan Sales is really poor and generally not much better on it.

Regrettably January will again define our season, to a large extent.

Lump on or limp off?

1 Like

Lamp off. Candles are cheaper.

2 Likes

Maybe the owners will have a light-bulb moment.

Watt? I think that’s just a filament of your imagination. :bulb: