Has Walsall's decline 'bottomed out'

Nor Orient and Stevenage last season.

1 Like

I agree that theres definitely potential there for our decline to have bottomed out. But i too think our recent decline has been more than cyclical - and at one stage it felt to me like non league was a genuine danger. Pomlett was doing his best but each season the squad seemed that little bit worse than the year before and it was definitely the most depressing time ive known in the 40 years ive been a fan.

But lets hope it onwards and upwards!

For me, the decline has not just been about the position in the EFL but also about the playing style, the attitude of the players and the lack of continuity. For the last few seasons, while we have never been in a serious relegation struggle, you can count the number of games where we have entertained on your fingers. That I think is all changing.

My only concern is that, somewhere down the line, something happens with Trivela and we are financially exposed. If that were to happen while we were still in L2, it could be the end of us.

3 Likes

Still plenty of scope for continued decline under Mat Sadler (aided and abetted by Trivella)

It certainly hasn’t bottomed out yet!!!

Not this pish again!