Has Walsall's decline 'bottomed out'

Think we’ll see the start of a resurgence with this team. Just need to switch on more at times.

And stop lamping it up the pitch for DJ to chase.

1 Like

Our lux about to change and good times are lumen. I’m about to be LED away by some bloke in a white coat with a large butterfly net though.

3 Likes

I think our options in midfield give us the flexibility we need.
Our recent ohm record is very good too, the opposition are finding it impossible to resist the current flow of the force of our play.

1 Like

At last, light at the end of the tunnel

Yes, the future is looking brighter.

Are we there yet

Not yet

1 Like

Nowhere near

Our bottoming out has declined

2 Likes

Not until we are playing southern league football in a stadium holding 4000 fans

Could easily go down to the conference North like scunthorpe

2 Likes

We will if we show anymore loyalty to a manager who isn’t t good enough.

The “We can’t keep sacking managers” brigade will realise when it’s too late that we stuck with MF too long, some managers suit clubs (Sir Ray did nothing anywhere else) MF doesn’t suit this club, he’s a nice guy and I believe he’s genuine however I’m interested in teams playing for the badge, he came out and slated them publicly and that was game over.

2 Likes

Really really gets my goat, he’s lost the plot, lost the dressing room, but hey lets stick with him again next season too, really would be great to look forward to.

1 Like

Unless Flynn finds a striker, or persuades our strikers to score some goals, I think next season could be a battle against relegation.

On the form over the last 20 games we’d be second from bottom!

1 Like

So after all this time who thinks our decline has bottomed out or in fact had bottomed out way back when the thread began.
Still the same for me.

Quite optimistic that it could all randomly come together this year, may well back us each way.

2 Likes

Would say with a bit of certainty that the club is evolving and we are on an upward curve .
Things are gradually changing from our land of the dinosaurs years.

1 Like

We wont go up this season for me don’t think we’ll trouble the top 7 either but i think we will finish a bit higher possibly around 10-12 this league is very strong this year we may have a better chance of going up next season.You have Notts County Wrexham Stockport Bradford Salford Gillingham Mansfield MK dons probably Doncaster who i would expect to be stronger than us i also fancy Barrow to do well again.No one will walk this league this season if Wrexham think they can they are in for a shock i fancy Stockport and Notts county to finish above them .

I started this thread and I think I’ve seen enough of Trivela to think they will turn it around. So, in a word, yes.

However, I still think the talk of cycles is total nonsense. Any more of messrs Pomlett, Mole and Gamble and I have no doubt in my mind that it would have been proved as such. Because, we were only going one way. Had Holden not returned we would have been awfully close to The National League in the Dutton season.

I think Trivela will weed out a little more dead wood and the old Walsall way of operating but it will take another 12 months. The division is too strong and we have a lot of catching up to do

4 Likes

I hope our decline has bottomed out and I think we will see a big difference this season. We have a squad of largely young and ambitious players. That can be a real driving force. Incidentally the fact that some clubs have bigger budgets and more experienced coaches didn’t deter Graydon’s team from succeeding!