Has Walsall's decline 'bottomed out'

By club. I meant the freehold. Bonser dosnt own the club. He owns the freehold. How’s he going to get 400k a year on gates of say 1800. His hand is now forced. He has to now do something. Drastic rent reduction or sale.

And the mad thing is, bonzo is not even charging full market rent!!! he could and should be charging us more, but it doesn’t make me warm to him any :wink:

Championship is a complete and utter pipe dream. Honestly it’s decades away until club gets fresh ownership like say Peterborough got in 2006/07 with McAnthony. Owner with proper vision.

Damming verdict of the new era that as it stands a return to league 1 feels like complete and utter pipe dream aswell.

Do you know how much Pomlett paid for “the club”?

No, but I think (and I may be wrong) Bonser owned circa 75k shares?

Actually, last season was certainly our lowest position since the reorganisation of the leagues, and the lowest this century - and for most of the last century - but I remember us finishing bottom of the old Third Division South in the 1950s. That was in the good old days when your “there but for the grace of God goes us” mates in the other dire teams would vote to keep you in the league. It took a really disastrous set of circumstances to actually get you kicked out, to let in Johnny-come-latelys like Ipswich and The Posh that I remember joining the league. It’s actually much fairer now but that won’t do us much good if we end up in the National League.

1 Like

Same as the mrs most weeks mate but someone’s got to do it.

3 Likes

As for someone coming in to buy the club as a whole lock stock and barrel it would need the Bonser family to WANT to sell it in the first place , by that I mean really want to sell it , not as the leech did originally and then tie it up in knots so no-one could actually do so .

Let’s face it they are getting £400000 plus per year for what …doing absolutely nothing , are they REALLY going to give that up ?

2 Likes

They will never give it up in business terms the yield is unbelievable on a normal buy to let property if you get a 4-5 % yield you’ve done well what’s Bonsor realistically getting on bescot stadium even on some made up current valuation it would be 10% what Bonsor must be getting for what he paid is probably 90% :weary: it’s absolutely unbelievable really.
He’s got us by the bollocks though because exactly what’s been said a million times to build a ground would cost too much and we wouldn’t see the benefit for 20 years and too move somewhere else would make no sense because we’d be still renting. The Alexander stadium would be the obvious choice a better version of what Rotherham did moving to the don valley before they built a new ground. Other than that if I was chairman I’d say to Bonsor you either let us carry on paying rent but it’s on a buy back situation 500k a year for 10 years would be fair or I’d say to west brom can we ground share at the Hawthorns for a couple of year’s they got that much money they’d probably let us do it for free .

You say this but football doesn’t work like that. Look at burton for example. Sunderland should be in the premier league going from fan base and budgets but they ain’t. It comes down to knowing wtf ur doing. Look at Salford with that nugget Neville.

And you have to maintain the property, unlike Boner’s tenant.

1 Like

The deal on the stadium will surely stay in the Bonser family when he passes.And why shouldn’t it .I wished I could hand something like that on to my kids.

1 Like

Conscience I hope and pray …

You are making massive assumptions that the vile leach, our number 1 fan, has a conscience.

1 Like

Conscience there’s landlords living in £10 million houses up and down this country while renting out sub standard HMO’s to people who have nothing business is business in the eyes of people like that what they’d say is exactly the same as Bonsor if you don’t like it move .

#insulateBescot

1 Like

Its becoming more obvious by the season that the only sensible and viable way foward is away from Bescot.

Let the Bonser’s have their last big pay day, as was always going to happen, and let us begin the journey of healing a football club torn apart by Jeffrey Bonser’s greed.

It won’t be easy, especially in the initial years - and it will take years - but it will achieved by will and work as has been the case with other clubs that have encountered similar entities as Bonser, and similar difficulties.

What would actually be nice would a local media that called Bonser out rather than kissing his arse, so at least we could destroy the “saviour number one fan” shyte before he pegs it.

2 Likes

Some top points made on here.

@Gensanx123 i agree it’s when , not if we become National League. Might take a few years but we’re on a path trodden by others.

The rents the rent and the more we stagnate the tighter the noose around our neck becomes because it reduces the playing budget

@geordiesaddler agree on alternatives to Bescot but such a monumental ask and I don’t think we’d be willing to sacrifice short term pain for long term gain

How long before the rent is increased by his family/offspring, as I assume they aren’t our #1 fans.

1 Like

There’s nothing the local media can call out on Bonsor he does it all in plain sight and if the Media said some of the things we say on here some of which might not be 100% true they’d get done for liable. What Bonsor does is not even illigal it’s just morally wrong in our eyes . The old Port Vale chairman someone mentioned did it with 2 clubs at the same time Port Vale and Nuneaton Borough.