Has Walsall's decline 'bottomed out'

I reckon there’s been about 10 times over the last few years when I thought we’d hit our lowest point. :joy:

Newport in the cup in 2017.

Shrewsbury away for Whitney’s last game.

Getting relegated at Shrewsbury.

Oldham away in 2019 when Sadler got sent off for catching the ball.

Morecambe at home in Jan ‘20

Losing to Southend last season.

Losing to Barrow last season.

Losing to Hartlepool this year.

Who knows when the next low will be!

4 Likes

When we lose to Sutton United

3 Likes

Had that exact thought whilst everyone was doing cartwheels round here tonight, which was great to see by the way. People forget how wealthy Ashley is, he’s a multi-billionaire and worth more than the Leicester owners for example, he just fell out with the fanbase over Keegan and that was that - many years ago. Chickenfeed from todays takeover would undoubtedly take the club representing the town of his birth to the Championship.

1 Like

Because were such a well run club and in the black …when it suits :wink:

Yes !

3 Likes

Did I hear correctly yesterday? Did Charlie Ntamark jokingly say something about getting some Saudi investors in? The sound was quite bad and I couldn’t properly hear what was being said by him or Jimmy.

He said he hoped we could go up a couple of divisions and then be bought by Saudis.

1 Like

Sunday Mirror reports Ashley is interested in taking over at Derby.

Bet the Rams fans can’t wait for that :joy:

He did. Also noted that our attendances hadnt changed.! If they had increased in proportion with his belt size we wouldnt need any Saudi investors.

Even more convinced now that this is a top 10 team.

Results seem to be improving

Performances improving

Injured players slowly coming back

A togetherness between the players

A very likeable manager who talks sense and is learning.

We will give a team a right battering sooner or later.

Wilko Phillips miller with hopefully Holden is more than capable in this league.

Up the effing Saddlers

7 Likes

Be careful what you wish for, the Saudi prince sent his entorage to Britain to buy him a new castle, and they went back with a shit football team :grin:

I thought the sound was better than it has been in years. I could hear everything the bloke said, and a little of what the guests said, which is a massive improvement on the mumble mumble mumble of previous seasons. Would vary depending which bit of the ground you were in I suppose.
I did hear the bloke say Charlie had played in the promotion team of 95-96. FFS how difficult is it? Decide what you are going to say and CHECK it. If you are going to read out dates and figures, just look things up to make sure it is correct. Amateurish and tinpot again. Can you imagine Villa introducing Peter Withe and saying he was the scorer of the winning goal in the 1983 European Cup Final?

Wasn’t the pitch side announcer our ex player Wayne Thomas

2 Likes

Please please please Saddlers fans. Yesterday evening was so nice and a very different feeling to so many recently.

But we scraped a win against Salford City in Division 4 to climb out of danger. Let’s not get too carried away it was one home win lol. Is that how easy it is to please us these days ffs.

Enjoy the win. Lets hope we have turned the corner but keep it real.

1 Like

I’ve no idea. If he was introduced, or introduced himself, I didn’t hear a name.

Beat Leyton Orient next week then we got Oldham, Barrow , Sutton United we’ll be in the play off places after them 4 fixtures .

Pretty sure it wasn’t, think he was business manager and moved on.

Not likely, they haven’t advanced past 1982 yet, they are stuck there for eternity I think.

3 Likes

I know he was employed by the club in some capacity and moved on but he was walking with wacka and talking to fans in the homeserve lower and I certainly think it was him.