Here we go again!

I’ll be amazed if we don’t have a shirt sponsee by the start of next season, and if we don’t Pomlett needs to walk now.

Just saying.

That MF has good managerial experience at this level. Compare to the pair that we had this time last year, novices in both positions…

Let’s be honest, what would we need that add to the budget to becomes super competitive next season… 2/300k maybe??

The Rico and Adebayo money covers that comfortably, so no excuses WFC

Nope that doesn’t make you an expert on judging somebodies character through negotiations with a third party. Sorry!

Motivate a team? Sure! Set it up slightly better? Ok! Deal with the press a little easier? Of course!

Be able to say without doubt what somebodies character is? Nope sorry.

It wont but without a new owner/ground ownership then we are what we are and any hope we have of success is pinned squarely on the ability of this manager to get the best put of average footballers. What better crowds do is enable better options come January in the transfer market etc

Errrr elephant in the room…

Darrel Clarke?

Nobody has put it better than this:

Absolute mess

2 Likes

Stop it you cynic :joy:

1 Like

Where did I state that I was an “expert on judging somebodies character”?
The facts are that MF is much more experienced at managing teams at this level than MT & JF. Therefore, in my logical opinion, I give him the benefit of having a little more knowledge about what is required to form a successful L2 team…

2 Likes

I believe that the majority of the current squad were signed by JF/MT, no?

I didn’t say you were, I said the assertion that MF is any better at that than our previous managers is nonsense.

I disagree. It’s all about opinions…

2 Likes

Yes and the one before that built on the right “characters” by Darrell Clarke was completely shit with a poor attitude as well.

Yeah well, there’s good opinions and naive opinions.

I get it, it’s much easier to blame Taylor and Fullarton for all our ills, and to hope Flynn really is the Messiah rather than admit the reality that this club is fundamentally broken, from its approach to football, to its approach to recruitment on and off the pitch, to any semblance of a plan or direction. But unfortunately at this point the evidence is overwhelming.

Exactly the point I was making. But was missed. Dean Keates’ squad too…

It gets boring but our issues and hopes do not lie with one man

1 Like

Suppose we should hive him a chance :joy:

Maybe hes being clever with his paymasters and eaking out a gew more quid.

Lets hope its not excuses this soon

Less than a month ago Brentford beat Chelsea (the champions of Europe) 4-1 at Chelsea.

Brentford used to be a peer of Walsall.

Brentford have been managed intelligently for a decade, with no mass injection of money.

Now, it is very difficult to get to the top without money, and I’m not saying we should have done a Brentford, but it shouldn’t be an excuse for the level of underperformance seen at Walsall since SMITH left.

4 Likes

Things could be worse

John Yems: Crawley Town suspend manager over alleged discriminatory language and behaviour | Football News | Sky Sports.

1 Like

They’ve been managed intelligently, no doubt, but you might want to have a look at this, if you think there has been no mass injection of money at Brentford. It shows that by Summer 2018, Matthew Benham had already invested more than £113 million in the club. No idea how much more he has put in over the last four years.

https://www.brentfordfc.net/how-much-cash-has-matthew-benham-put-into-brentford-football-club/

3 Likes

It’s about context and perspective though. Nobody is demanding we do a Brentford. Absolutely nobody. If you look at their budget their not in the top 10 of their league. They are absolute now where near, like our illustrious chairman claims we are. They’d probably only just be in the top 10 of the league below.

But doing a Morecambe, a Plymouth, a Wycombe, an Oxford, a Cambridge, a Cheltenham, an Accrington Stanley, an Exeter or even a Northampton, or a Port Vale, a Sutton United or a Bristol Rovers would be nice!

In fairness agents and players wage demands in April are going to be unrealistic anyway, majority of them are being paid for several more months yet, as their presents contracts expire or begin to get close then they’ll start to become more sensible.
Let’s be honest lads we’d be no different if we were professional footballers on 2k a week with few months left, you’d get the agent to be demanding 4K especially when your approached as MF as done, it will all calm down I’m sure.

2 Likes

Absolutely. We are League 2. No excuses. The covid crap is the same for everyone, plus ‘we have come out of it better than most’. LP needs to stump up the cash this time otherwise more failure will turn to consistent discontent.

2 Likes