Hey DJ

DJ is at an age that he will go where the money is , it’s that simple.

Sad but true Mazza , just hope Trivela can come up with a decent package to tempt him to stay . Would hate for him to leave chasing the money and then flop somewhere else …yeah right I would

His nearly 30 hasn’t played a lot for his age and hasn’t been prolific for a large percentage of his career
He will take the highest wage he can get and we all would if we were retiring in 4-5 years and we’re suddenly in demand at a later stage of our career
This could be a huge positive for him and his family

Well they could start with Johnson and go from there because we will never get out of this division if we stick to the same structure and therefore losing good strikers to higher payers

3 Likes

Anyone been watching the Wrexham documentary on Disney+? They did similar with Paul Mullin by paying him bucketloads of cash vs. the rest of the squad (Tozer too, probably) and it doesn’t look like (from the doc anyway) it really impacted the team other than a few lads who lived together joking that Mullin would have to pay for something.

If the player is clearly that important to the team, as I’d argue DJ is who without his goals we’d be in big trouble, then I can’t see it being a problem really. He’s employed to score goals and he certainly does that!

[quote=“danmay, post:45, topic:8622”]
I’d argue DJ is who without his goals we’d be in big trouble[/quote]

Without his goals we’d be 4 points worse off. We’d drop all the way from 14th down to 15th

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::crazy_face::crazy_face:

1 Like

Rather bizarre deal really wasn’t it. Mansfield pulling the plug on deal where they could have got a few quid in the summer where as now in terms of a transfer fee he’s basically worth nothing in January. This would be an almost ludicrous way to operate the a business. So guess what I think… I actually don’t believe it was radford who pulled the deal more like Boycott who probably had a nose bleed at the costs involved. Anyway fair play to DJ. He holds all the cards now. Can’t see him signing for Walsall

Of course you would believe that…and with absolutely no evidence to back it up, as usual.

Wondered how long it would be before todays anti-Boycott conspiracy theory arrived. :roll_eyes::yawning_face:

1 Like

Who would’ve thought it?

And yet Radford has just sat back and said nothing. Can’t see anyone let false accusations be thrown about regarding them.

I get you don’t like Boycott, but at least have some credibility to your claims.

1 Like

This is one thing we do agree on, unfortunately.

I’m just saying it’s a rather bizarre situation for a chairman to turn down a transfer fee and make an asset worthless. It simply dosnt make any sense especially when it’s clear you do not want the player

Maybe they were waiting to see how Cloughie progressed , DJ may just have a problem with him and maybe Radfords thoughts were hang on to a player that might produce for us with a different manager maybe .

Commentator on ifollow said that a deal is possibly being discussed after the game today, and that Mansfield were open to a transfer now.

1 Like

Thought that was all sorted before we got DJ on loan , now they think deals are being done ?
Regardless I just hope we sort something out and get him signed up .

If Mansfield are willing to sell him, there’s no reason why we would have to wait until January to do it. We can convert the temporary transfer to a permanent transfer at any time, even outside the transfer window.

1 Like

Pomcott was sitting in his car at the lights up the road from the ground as we walked back to our car. Must have been a short meeting.
He had a face like a smacked arse

1 Like

Guess they offered 20k, were told to do one, and that was that.

1 Like

Always does.

1 Like

Repeat we will not sign DJ, unless the clubs approach, which has been in place for decades fundamentally changes.

1 Like