HOLDEN signs permanently

Start of the seasonHe was played out of position, no confidence but once DC got his best position sorted the lad was a different player and reminded me so much of Jamie Patterson.
I remember a certain Troy Deeney being played on the wing as a kid and having a fair share of boo boys on his case too, this lad could have easily said xxxx this I’m going home, but no he knuckled down and won the vast majority of us other (myself included) that for me shows me we’ve got a good un.

6 Likes

Excellent piece of business, welcome back Rory.

1 Like

Great signing. Spending cash too.

I see it was nailed a couple of weeks ago. I hope we hadn’t assumed a Rico windfall prematurely!!

Real signal of intent. Gordon, Adebayo, Holden and McDonald were an absolute force at the time the season ended. To have them all tied down for the upcoming season is ace.

Now, more than ever, hope there’s a way we can get in and watch this team.

2 Likes

Hahahha what a ■■■■■ you are. Can’t discuss and fight your corner so ignore.
Says more about you than Thanatos.

1 Like

Great news to see him back. I don’t live in the Midlands any more so only got to see him a few times - a couple of matches in October and then again in February, but the difference between the October Rory Holden and the February Rory Holden was startling. Once DC found his true position he was a revelation, add to that the fact that he weathered the criticism he received earlier in the season and emerged stronger tells me we have a player with genuine potential.

1 Like

I don’t think people have ever accused me of not wanting to discuss or fight my corner :rofl:

Just not interested in IQ tests and constant personal swipes. Like the unprovoked one that came to my attention earlier. Not a problem anymore though, like I say. Not that it’s any of your business either.

2 Likes

Delighted with this! I thought he was terrible as a winger and wanted him gone! Delighted to have been proven wrong when he moved to cam and a brilliant signing for us! Also hope that means Clarke will stick with the 4231 formation

We also have Lavery to…

2 Likes

I sat next to Josh’s dad for many games last season. A great bloke to chat to. He said Josh was learning loads from Lavery and he had taken him under his wing.

8 Likes

I saw him at Cheltenham in the number 10 position and thought he was awful, didn’t get in the game at all and was too lightweight but then it was a shocking team performance that day.

Still as we saw with Adebayo young players do improve if you actually have a bit of patience and seems he did come on in the last two months.

It makes sense to get him back given his improved form and he already knows the group and what to expect from DC.

Hopefully he can kick on with scoring some more goals, took him until Feb to score and to be seriously in the promotion shake up need someone from midfield to contribute with 10 league goals I think.

2 Likes

Great signing!

Just imagine if Guthrie has been doing Cross Fit 5 hours a day/6 days a week at home during lockdown

1 Like

We can’t be on our knees financially if a fee was paid which is nice to know

The lad showed character to win back the crowd and was the one I was most disappointed to see leave at the end of last season

You never know

1 Like

I would think the compensation money from Southampton for Luke Pearce has been used to fund Holden’s purchase

Is that secret code for crawling out of bed in the morning and collapsing into bed at night?

1 Like

I think you are over estimating what the compensation package will have been. We probably wont even get any money for the first year.

If he was with us since the age of 9 or below, the absolute max we’d receive is £46500.

1 Like

I would imagine we would be receiving something up front , but agree the compensation will not cover our initial outlay , but would of thought LP would be using the deal , as he or any other Chairman would to balance any future player signings .

We would hope that the compensation package from a premier league club will in the long run and add ons equate to more money for us than us signing a player for league two .

Someone on the Bristol City forum has said we have paid nothing for Holden but there is sell on fees involved.

1 Like

That’s brave of city we never sell anyone for their true worth anyway so they won’t get much :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah, in about three years time he’ll have fired us to successive promotions, have played regular international football, and helped Norn Iron have their best ever World Cup - and we’ll flog him to Peterborough for £175,000. :laughing:

2 Likes