HOLDEN signs permanently

Who I thought looked really good on the ball and was always looking for it , I predict he’ll be an important player for us this season too.

Not sure why I’m seeing this, user is muted and ignored :thinking:

Edit: ah set to ignored. Should do the trick :+1:

I think you will find you are muted by legions of people on here.

Holden…Holden…Holden…Holden!..We are going up, baby!

1 Like

Agree with ElN on this. As with Adebayo, Holden’s improvement in the the last 6-8 games before ‘lockdown’ has skewed the view of his contribution overall.

If he kicks on as he did in what we now know were the closing games of last season we’ve got a very good signing, though.

3 Likes

I think we have had this chat before mate. Agree to an extent but in DCs own words… he did Rory a disservice playing him continually wide.

1 Like

Nail head.

2 Likes

Who was it who took offence to someone saying “nail head” :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Have you not noticed yet that DC always plays his cards very close to his chest. I would take what he says to open forums and the press with a great big pinch of salt. He will do what he has planned but he won’t tell anyone outside of a very small group at the club what his real plans are. Just the same as not discussing injuries, length of contracts and a miriad of things we haven’t even thought about yet.
He does this so as not to alert other managers as to his targets because he doesn’t want to get involved in a bidding war.

3 Likes

No need for that…

3 Likes

To be fair, I’m happy. That’s not green player, who has to learn, first where is club and second how to commute there. Of course he can have another average season, but I think gaffer made the homework and is adding quality, not just numbers. So in short words, many good games and may the form be with you :wink:

tumblr_n23cliargv1rp0vkjo2_500

2 Likes

Holden was the complete opposite to being average in my opinion.

Was downright awful early on, mainly when out wide, but then found quality form and was one of our best players later on when played consistently more centrally.

All about opinions though ay it.

What’s Matt Richards got to do with it?

4 Likes

He’s young, so not only are we buying a player who has proved they can win games at this level. We also have a player with bags of potential to become better.

This is great business when compared to the usual dealings each summer.

I actually thought Holden would be our first signing of the season. DC wanted him back and the player was keen to return.
He was so bad during the first half of the season, I would have driven him back to Bristol myself. Give the lad a lot of credit for turning his game around and overcoming adversity that came his way.
Welcome home, Rory!

We just need to sign Harry McKirdy now then I reckon that will be a decent squad to challenge this season.

Yep, I noticed it a good while back cheers, although it’s more the media that he likes to play these games with in terms of injuries and player contracts. He’s very honest and open at fans forums though, to the point where he’s even mentioned that he’s like to bring Holden back along with one or two other loanees of the chance were to arise. He also went on record in January to say that he’s after a left footed right winger (although even Stevie Wonder could see that’s what we were lacking)

I’m sure there is an element of smoke and mirrors around what he does/doesn’t want in the window but we do still need a back up keeper and a right back. The left footed right winger is still needed too as Nolan won’t be up for a whole season of league football just yet even though he does look like a very promising buy. I just hope we get someone else other than Holden being used as it nullifies his own threat as well as that of the team

1 Like

I’m not sure Holden was as bad at the start of the season as some make out. He wasn’t great by any means, but neither were the team in general, and often any decent passages of play would involve him. He is a young player and he was being played out of position as has been mentioned.

At Forest Green I was with my youngest, and we were stood right up the corner by the food hut. Holden come over to take the corner and put a bad one in, didn’t beat the first man. The abuse he got was ridiculous, he clearly heard it too. I wouldn’t mind but his dead balls in general had been pretty good all season. That was not that long before the season was stopped too.

Anyway, it is a great bit of business. Not only because he was one of our better players by the end, but he wont need any time to settle in now, keep the squad more settled.

8 Likes

Welcome back Rory, carry on where you left off :+1: