How many?

That’s a very condescending and patronising thing for someone who represents fans to say. For a start, we all see different versions of the “truth”. It passes through our own particular paradigm. So two fans might both know the same “facts” but interpret them very differently. Quite apart from that, even seeing the same things in the same way doesn’t mean everyone will reach the same conclusions about the way forward.

For what it’s worth, I fully understand the bigger picture. I know what Bonser did. I realise that the people who aided him in that are still a part of the Board. I believe that Pomlett wants the very best for the footballing side of the club, but needs to work within the restrictions he faces, some of which are monetary, some of which might be other matters. I know Pomlett is making plenty of mistakes. But I also know that there are no rich benefactors waiting to inject tens of millions into the club, particularly while the club and the freehold are not united.

5 Likes

Coming from someone who constantly. Has digs. At his fellow fans. And from someone who is constantly called out on here by other posters. , Please accept my apologies. For. Laughing at your post.

I’ll carry on representing fans to best of my ability. For as long as they are happy for me to do so. And indeed ask me to.

I’ll leave it to you. To. carry on trying to mock. From afar. Whilst as said not understanding

I know where I sit. And make no apologies for it. Genuine. , fans first and foremost every time with me.

Your ladst. paragraph. Proves you indeed do not know. ,as by. The current owners own admission There have been recent interest in Club

So again please excuse my stifled laughter st your comment Of understanding. As it’s blatantly obvious you don’t

1 Like

You can laugh at my post all you like. And you can say “fans first and foremost” as much as you like. But you said “those of us who fully understand how the club operates”, quite clearly suggesting that you have more intelligence, knowledge and insight than anyone who does not take a hard line view of what’s going on at Bescot. That’s not about me, or anything I might have said in the past. Your remark is clearly aimed at many other fans. You can’t disown it just like that. I know that you do great work, and I really applaud all of the initiatives with ex players and particularly Mr Nichol. But there are plenty of fans on here who have a great breadth of experience in both life and business who see things in a slightly different way, and there views are just as valid and quite probably just as much “right”.

As said many times. I. have respect. For. genuine fans.

I may not agree. But as said I’ll always respect

But. As said. Genuine fans only. It’s not hard to work out the ones who aren’t snd only come on here to agitate.

You’re even doing it again - “genuine fans only. It’s not hard to work out the ones who aren’t”. Are you judge and jury on that then? Is that self appointed?

I’m not sure how old you are. I think you might be roughly the same as me. And I can tell you, I’ve been a “genuine fan” for as many years as yourself. First went as a 4 year old, followed Walsall all over the country. Good times, bad times, ups and downs. Never once given up on them in all of those years. But, according to the self appointed King of the Fans, I’m not a genuine fan, because I don’t constantly berate the current owner and board!

1 Like

Show me where. It says I said you. Directly

You getting a bit touchy aren’t. You.

And I’m not king of the fans. ( that’s an unwanted title you have bestowed on me.). There’s far more been going much longer. Than me. I just head up an organisation. That was formed for fans.

That they trust me to. Ask the questions. They want answering is an honour. I don’t deny that. But anyone who knows me will confirm. I don’t see myself as. Any better than any other fan. But. as long as I hold the role. of chairman of Issa. I will. Always bat. for the fanbase. And again I don’t. Apologise in doing so.

For your info I’m 58 First went in. 65 as a one year old been going ever since

1 Like

I’d love to see some evidence that Bonslett is genuinely trying to get the ground back from the leech. A £10 solicitors letter on freehold transfer doesn’t represent this for me.

1 Like

I know Dhforever doesn’t need me to stand up for him and probably won’t appreciate me doing so but…

There is a big difference between posting personal views and what is done and said regarding ISSA. Most questions asked of the club are brought to the attention of ISSA by supporters, that is any Walsall supporter whether they are a member of ISSA or not. There are many that have openly said they don’t want ISSA to represent them and there is nothing wrong with that at all. But when there is an issue it is often said on here and social media “can’t ISSA do something?” I have seen it today. ISSA always act as professional as possible. If there is any action that is to be taken it is always voted on by the committee which actually has a wide range of differing views.

That doesn’t stop any of us as individuals from posting our own views on Walsall F.C. Freedom of speech still exists just about. It is a bit of a cheap dig I think.

6 Likes

Like i said Ive no doubt issa have the fans interest at heart just feels like you have your own agenda and look to condem the club at every opportunity.

“For those who understand how the club operates and the bigger picture”.

Why not educate me with facts and proof?. I see alot of accusations going about with little to back it up.

1 Like

Like what mate? Not having a pop, but IMHO virtually all the criticisms of the club are valid and based on years of the same approach. But interested why you may hold a different view?

The main thing being the freehold dhforever himself saying pomlett has no intention of reuniting the stadium back to the club.

1 Like

Show me where. That has been said. Please. Mate

Bottom line is that the club is uninvestable in its current setup, anyone who can read accounts can see that. Talk of investment is completely pie in the sky until the land issue is resolved (or a workable solution is put in place for someone else to execute).

From what @Dhforever has relayed, it appears that the cogs are indeed turning with regards to the land, but unless there’s a mysterious benefactor with £7m burning a hole in his sky rocket, I can’t see how the deal gets done.

This is the pickle that Bonser got us in to, and I’ve written posts before about how I believe this is as much of a problem for JB as it is for the club. Land prices shot up (and with it, the rental yield) in the late 90s, so did the amounts of money involved in the game, meaning what was a viable business model for all involved in the mid-to-late 90s rapidly became unviable post ITV Digital.

I still firmly believe the exit clause in the lease is the clubs best option, and short of any detail about what is going on with the land, this is what should be pursued. The detail we need re the land is what is actually happening - is the there a deal being set up for the club to buy it? Is it just a “deal in principal” in an effort to attract a buyer for the club? And critically, is there anything fans can do to help?

5 Likes

My apologies i miss read. it was the below quote i was thinking off.

He will never regain the freehold

reason being It’s impossible to purchase something that’s not for. sale.

2 Likes

Totally agree. The. Break in the rental clause is the only viable option in my opinion for club. To. finally be free. Of bonsers shadow

And because. The acv clause has been activated. Does. not mean WFC. Or. Chairman Will be the purchasers.

Depends on what it’s for sale For.

Long term football activities. I still stand by that statement. And can’t see any viable way it could be done to. benefit club.

To buy. Then. sell for. Development. After three or four years. Could be Very possible. By Either bonser or club. And it’s the true intentions. Of all Involved that fans have every right To. know about

Does the break in the rental agreement work both ways? i.e. New landlord aquires the ground/land, boots us out during the rent break, knocks the stadium down to re-develop the land?

Lease is ring fenced. In such a. way that can never happen mate.

If a. new owner. Buys it. The. football clubs.rights continue.

The lease. Favours the club in this instance.

But any new owner could put rent up to full market value. And it could be that. Year on year increases. Could make. It unsustainable to club. And. this is s big concern

Because everyone else has been elbowed out. WSC most obviously, effectively shut down by the club. When there’s only one organisation it’s pretty much hard not to ask them to represent you.

Issa did fight. For the Wsc lads To be. Allowed to. continue. Attending. Meetings.

We. Where. overwhelmingly. Against. There. Exclusion.