Hutchinson Gone

Hutch going opens the door for one or both of them.

2 Likes

Theyā€™ve had one season in the second tier, in 92/93, in their entire existence?

2 Likes

Good luck to him, but I think heā€™s better than Bristol Rovers.

2 Likes

Not the case

I think the club (both Trivela and the coaching team) will have a replacement lined up. Whenever weā€™ve lost someone significant, more often than not thereā€™s been a thought process behind the replacement. For whatever reason the plans that they put in place havenā€™t really come off, but itā€™s a world away from how reactionary we were to losing players not too long ago

Matt came in to play alongside DJ. When that didnā€™t happen we got Stevens. In hindsight it wasnā€™t a great move given how unfit the pair were, but many on here lauded the fact that weā€™d signed a strike force that ripped this division to shreds a season before.

When we lost Draper we were never going to replace someone with both his ability to work a back line on his own as well as get on the end of chances, so we signed two players in Gordon to do the running, and Faal to get on the end of things). Again, in hindsight they didnā€™t come off, but you can see the thought process and the plan of getting players in to fit tue system rather than just signing the first available player.

Letā€™s just hope that the plan comes off this time

2 Likes

They spent 9 consecutive seasons in tier 2 in the 50ā€™s / early 60ā€™s and 7 in the 70ā€™s to the start of the 80ā€™s. It was called. Div 2 in those days.

3 Likes

Good luck to him, surprised he hasnt gone to a higher club in league 1 who were in and around the playoffs last year.
His goals and assists are going to be a massive miss and hoping we are not signing strikers with 1 in 20 records as we are likely to need more from the forwards this season

3 Likes

Iā€™m not too upset heā€™s gone. Lost count of the number of times he should have passed the ball and then lost it. Great free-kick against Wrexham though which Iā€™ll always remember. I think we used him too much as a focal point and teams started to crowd him out in second half of last season.

Wish him well, glad heā€™s gone to league one rather than staying in league two - though heā€™s better than Bristol Rovers.

Well done to the club for not losing him for free - Oztumer was even more of a focal point and we lost him for nothing. Hope thereā€™s a sell on fee in there too. With RAM and Jellis I donā€™t see a pressing need to replace him and would much rather see the club invest in some good centre forwards - Faal on a permanent would be fantastic. UTS.

3 Likes

Bristol Rovers have spent 19 years at the second level of English football (mostly between1954 and 1981) compared to 15 for Walsall.

Their average attendance is 50% greater than ours.

1 Like

Spot on Belp young upstarts :wink:at least we can draw some consolation that we had a glimpse of a decent player that left us to advance up the pyramid instead of down as mostly the norm .good luck to him now heā€™ll be tested and challenged more than he ever was here .

2 Likes

Reported 3year deal with a one year option. Rovers certainly putting faith in Hutch

Inevitable.

Wish Hutch all the best for the future.

We move on, time for Trivela to step upā€¦ big time.

2 Likes

I think thatā€™s why we signed JJ. If so we need to find a goals elsewhere as well. New forward or 3 :grin:

1 Like

Our 15 include a few in the 1800ā€™s as well.

Big gamble that. Personally wasnā€™t a big fan of him and glad heā€™s moved on. First touch at times was awful

1 Like

Goals, assists and composure on the ball. A big, big loss.

I know possession isnā€™t everything, but as the side 24th in the possession table, we will need others to improve on the ball next season if we donā€™t want even less possession.

1 Like

It was great to have him and good luck in the future, Hutch. Big loss though.

Does give us some room to fill the position. Id love to see Sawyers back or RAM to be given some room to grow.

yes, when there were only two divisions.

1 Like

I think that should be renamed: ā€œdecremental regressionā€

Itā€™s what happens to 95% of the league clubs.

If you want to keep the best around you need to get promotions.

You also canā€™t replace someone whoā€™s hit double figures in league 2 with a Tamworth player, a 19 year old just on loan from Rushall or a league of Ireland player so Iā€™m expecting someone of reasonable pedigree to come in as new signing in Hutchā€™s area of the pitch.

Over to the club now is certainly the mantra.

4 Likes