I am amazed.....by all you long distance Saddlers fans

As a born and bred Walsallian who has never left the Town I would just like to say how wonderful it is to see so many people supporting our team from all over the UK and across the world. I have had the odd disagreement with some on non football topics but I think your obvious love for the Club and the Town is something which makes me feel really good. It is one of the joys of my life coming on here to read the messages from you all.
Keep it up guys because I genuinely think we are at the start of a new era which will see us rise from the ashes of last season. The new Coach seems to be a man with real football values and he is backed by the best football set up in all my sixty odd years of watching and supporting the Saddlers. I have thought for many years we undervalued the coaching and technical support given to our first team coach/Manager.
The one thing I hope we get this year are some good cup ties which will help create interest and boost our finances. If you live in the vicinity of Walsall I hope you will get down there and support the lads. UTS

53 Likes

Top post! UTS!

You had a couple of pints @WalsallOne? That post is equivalent to the drunken 3am “You are a top top friend” chat :grinning:

Seriously though, we may have disagreements between posters on this board but in the end we’re all Saddlers through and through and that’s the most important thing.

UTS.

13 Likes

Thanks for that. :wink: I was strangely moved by all these fans wanting tickets for Tranmere from many parts of the UK. I don’t get to many away matches these days and cannot go Saturday but the response evoked many memories of games from years ago when I was there and felt part of a very special community. Of course they weren’t all like that. I can also remember sparsely attended games on far flung grounds in deep mid winter when a few of us would turn up to support the team but I think Saturday will be one of those special days for all those going.

2 Likes

Absolutely. It’s always good to remember we are all part of the same club. It will be my eldest’s first ever game against FGR and I literally cannot wait!

UTS.

8 Likes

Agreed WalsallOne, you and I have had the odd tussle now and again but feel we are from a similar breed, we are all devoted Walsall F.C. fans and want what is best for our club, hopefully starting this season with a completely ‘new broom’.
Left dear old Worsul in the sixties, but my team will always be the one of the things most important in my life.
UTS always

2 Likes

A very special and wonderful moment. Enjoy!

2 Likes

First ever game aye fair play Thanny keep it going through the family as I am with my daughter and as my dad and grandfather did with me back in 1988 against Man City

3 Likes

This is the world-wide web. We are world-wide fans. Walsall is the common glue. Thanks W1.

8 Likes

Great post W1 - I always thought we were Walsallites though, not Walsallians? I’m happy to bow to your superior knowledge on this one :smiley:

1 Like

And i will miss it because i had to rearrange this so that i could attend my nephews wedding :frowning:

Don’t forget that we have fans in Belgium, Sweden, USA, Hong Kong and Brazil … not to mention New Zealand :smiley:

2 Likes

Coincidentally my wife was supposed to be going to that with a group of our friends but they’ve had to rearrange it due to a non-wedding!

Let’s Rock was originally supposed to have been July then got moved to this Saturday because of the lockdown extension - but that’s the day a couple of our friends were supposed to be getting married. The wedding itself has also been moved to a later date due to Covid, but they had still kept a 3-day luxury break they had booked as a mini honeymoon so they couldn’t make the new date, and the whole group decided to roll their tickets over to next year so they can all go together.

The original date clashed with Palace and obviously Saturday with Tranmere - so was never a doubt that I couldn’t make whichever event on either date. :rofl:

1 Like

Your may well be right .I sort of made that up! :wink:

1 Like

Our tussles are only because we are at opposite ends of the pessimistic/optimistic spectrum. I know if we met we would have a great time reminiscing and arguing over players etc!

Nice post W1 - I’m in New Jersey - you have no idea how tempted I was, after the relaxation of travel rules Monday, to get on a plane and join my Sis for the Forest Green game. Finances prevent sadly. But I’ll be on iFollow on Saturday - will someone at the game please give um a big shout from me please?

7 Likes

Our original tickets where for the Exeter one, but as i said my nephew got married, so i looked at the line up that was close to the acts that we haven’t already seen, the only one that is missing is Tony Hadley, but i can always go and see him on his own tour.

1 Like

There will be a hell of a lot more singing at Prenton Park than Shrewsbury Quarry on Saturday! :laughing:

1 Like

Remember the troll that called himself ‘Sallian’. - supposedly derived from Walsallian? You haven’t let slip your secret identity there W1?:shushing_face:

No … I was one of those who thought he was nutter of the highest order :grinning: