I am amazed.....by all you long distance Saddlers fans

How did you end up being a Walsall fan if ur old man a Villa fan? Pickles my head how that happens. A bloke I work with a season ticket holder at wolves but his dad a season ticket holder at West Brom, it pickles my head how you allow ur kid to support a different team to yourself especially when it’s ur main rivals :joy:

1 Like

It’s amazing to me as well,
All 3 of my nephews were Saddlers fans, although their dad was a villa fan.
He could never afford to go to villa games, so i used to take them with me, they all had shirts they all had season tickets, even though i hadn’t, and they went to more games than me.
Then all of a sudden, dad decided he could afford to start going again after 20 years and BANG they deserted like rats on a sinking ship :rage:
I was livid with them, all except my eldest nephew, we managed to get him branded with a Walsall tattoo when he reached the age of 15, i just wished i had got it done to the others, in fact i would do it now but on their f*****n foreheads :joy: :wink:

3 Likes

My dads a Birmingham City fan, my brothers a Villa fan and I’m a Walsall fan. My brothers first game was at Blues too when my dad took him, didn’t work though.
I’m the only Walsall fan in my family, it’s mostly Villa. Glad to say no Wolves fans.

1 Like

That’s another thing that got to me, one of my nephews was picked for the Wolves academy, so he turns up in his Walsall shirt and they ask him to take it off and put his wolves training top on.
He said “there is no way i am putting that shite next to my skin” :rofl:
So just to get him on the pitch they let him put it over his Walsall top, needless to say he didn’t last long there :rofl:

4 Likes

All Villa in our extended family. Great great uncle was the great Billy Walker from Darlaston so I really ought to be Villa. Used to stare at the floodlight glow from FP from my Nans house in Oldbury St Wednesbury. She opened the window one night and said ‘if Walsall score you will hear the crowd’. Fortunately we scored and that was that, couldnt wait to get down there. You are born to support your club.

My parents didn’t like football and bescot was walking distance and cheap enough to get in so Walsall was my first ever game and they will be my last ever game too. I get kids who have their head turned at school cause of other kids supporting manu etc but I never got why a dad would allow their kid to support a different to them. My kids get hammered at school for supporting Walsall but I’ve always told them you ain’t stopping or changing teams. If my kid walked in the house with a wolves/Albion/stoke top on I think I’d disown him :joy:

Cheapest but far from safest option.

The safe option is to build and fourth lane and retain a hard shoulder. Or have a transport infrastructure that supports a shift from the car.

Instead we have a couple of huge and very expensive rail projects that will help people who travel to and/or across London. And the “smart” motorways which add an extra lane (ergo theoretically 33% more capacity) but will definitely kill people.

2 Likes

Yep government has bought into green agenda over last 2 decades but not because it’s really into it. Provides a way of increasing taxes without increasing income tax and looking like the bad guys. Can say we keep tax down by not increasing income tax, new green taxes are to save the planet not cuz we want to, but then don’t invest in public transport where it is needed by the everyday commuter just things like HS2 which benefits the likes of them. So congestion continues to increase until under pressure they say we are doing something about it investing in xxx miles of new roads, so people thing great new key roads and forth lanes on motorways but instead they do the cheap thing as said above, but they don’t care because they live in London where they don’t need a car and are chucking money at HS2 and new faster rail links through Peterborough and Leicester to get to their constituencies, of and all this extra congestion, here’s a new green tax with clean air congestion charge’s in the likes of Brum and we know you’ll pay them cuz we’ve still not sorted public transport for you lot but we’re ok cuz we can afford to pay to jump on they new shinny trains to/from London.

Or am I just being clinical!

1 Like

If you’re being clinical, I’d much rather you sign up as our new much needed striker.

Lol, sorry sincical

That’s another thing that p’s me off, smart ass computers and phones that think they know better than you what you’re writing and change it without you noticing. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Pretty much bang on

Anyone else on here live on the Isle of Wight?? Or was the person in a Saddlers shirt, presumably on holiday I shouted ‘up the saddlers’ to out my work van a couple of weeks ago on here??

One of the more bizarre experiences of my life was being in the middle of Tokyo and a chap with a Walsall shirt on just casually strolling past the restaurant I was in :joy:

Maybe it was El-N stalking you?!!:joy:

1 Like

All his family were villa fans. My cousin played for villa reserves and later moved on to play for Hereford when they were in the league.
My old man had a stall on walsall market and I used to “help” him when I was a kid. When he got fed up of me hanging round and upseting his customers he told me to clear off and go to the football. I was around 13 at the time and I’ve been a saddler ever since. He also had a stall on west bromwich market, when the albion got to the cup final against everton he said you chose the wrong market team and gave me a ticket to the final. I was 16 then. Dire game but what a fantastic atmosphere. I stood behind the goal on the wembley terracing with all the baggies fans, but I never regretted being a saddler.

Honestly…. Don’t scare me like that :neutral_face:

1 Like

Born in Taunton, Got into football age 9 after Euro 04, supported Sunderland due to my dad but he always said he’d take me to a game… never did … a year later, I was at the Bescot with my uncle. Felt at home right away

1 Like

There was a fella at the match yesterday with a DACE Crosby T shirt. DACE is a cafe near me in Crosby. Would be nice if there was another one around here.

I was having a lunchtime pint (business of course) in Auckland when a bloke walks in with a brand new leg tattoo, still covered in cling film. Of course, he had a Saddlers shirt on.

Can’t remember who it was now but he is/was a regular on UTS.

Not me 2 weeks ago but I am halfway through a fortnights holiday on the Isle. Staying on a caravan site next to Sandown Airport.