IFollow for saturday

So is the consensus that everyone has had their email code thing?

Not had mine yet.

If you don’t receive your code by midday on Friday 11th September, please contact the ticket office on 01922 651 416.
From the OS

1 Like

Not had anything either, although i don’t want to watch the game anyhow. I’m going off to watch a local non league game, probably an F A Cup qualifier. I can’t stand the idea of sitting at home on a saturday afternoon (nice weather forecast btw) watching the tele, so I shall go for a walk, catch a train, and watch a football match in the flesh. :smiley:

1 Like

Nice one

Sorted. Gave them a call and the email address they had for me was one letter wrong.

Worth a call if anyone hasn’t had it yet as it could be something similar.

1 Like

The other issue may be that if you’ve not opted in to receiving emails from the club (or perhaps have opted out), they can’t email you without your consent.

Works fine through browser on an xbox if that helps anybody.

3 Likes

They usually put the whole game into the Video Archive some time later (think the Brizzle game was there later that night - definitely by Wednesday morning). If you’ve already bought the game (or used your ST voucher) you can watch it again at no extra charge else you have to “upgrade” your subscription to view.

So if you have a voucher code you don’t have to sit in tomorrow afternoon, you can go out to do something else then come back and watch it later at your leisure (although might be better if you can avoid seeing the result until you do).

I might do that, will need to keep a look out for Brian Glover of course.

1 Like

Don’t hide in a church! :grin:

1 Like

There is still a free version of Zoom (in HK, anyway) but it will cut out after about 40 minutes. Then you just start a new meeting.

If the host of the meeting is using a paid version, users of the free version can participate in the meeting however long it is.

Thanks Andy, just set mine up and all okay

1 Like

Told the mrs to make sure we run out of food by 2pm while i whizz all over the bathroom floor just to complete the experience :wink:

9 Likes

Latest update from the chairman on iFollow and other current situations.

2 Likes

Same in the UK. They did allow more extended use while we were in the more restrictive lockdown in April, but looks like it’s back to normal rules and a 40 minute cut off (but then you just start another one) and a max of 100 attendees.

If anyone want to set up one for themselves and a few mates (perhaps for your pals on UTS?) just go over to www.zoom.com, sign up for a free account, and send out the invites with links to your personal channel. Then during the game, start up your meeting (remembering you will be kicked out after 40 minutes and have to restart it), and pretend you’re watching with a crowd!

You can do it on a mobile but it’s better on a big screen like a laptop or PC (with webcam and mic) - and probably also better if not on the same device you’re using to watch the game so you don’t have to share a screen between the 2 apps.

PS Other web meeting tools are available.

So enough for all the regular posters on here to meet up on zoom! Who will moderate it? Will it be possible for some of us to get a word in edgeways though? Is 40 minutes long enough?

Mrs Hullsaddler has fortnightly zoom meetings with a lot of her half-siblings and when it gets into double figures it gets a bit tricky, even without discussiing Covid, brexit etc…

We have a quiz night every saturday, and when someone talks over someone else you can’t catch what they have said?

1 Like

With high numbers all with open mics, would be OK for getting a crowd feel but not to have conversations with each other - not unless everyone was well behaved and only spoke one at a time.

But if there was a UTS one …

And the 40 minutes is the max length of a single meeting (well the free ones - can have longer ones if you have a paid account) but you can start it all over again for another 40 minutes straight away - so no limit really, just a bit of inconvenience having to reconnect.

Well obviously I am sure we would all contribute financially to allow some of the various individual contretemps on here to be allowed to run their full natural length!