IFollow for saturday

It was a case of welcome to your world today Michal.

I don’t get it, why service primarily for me, supporter living outside UK (forgive me, if you felt offended by that supporter word) is not working. Well, nothing is working, even sign it to my account looked broken. But when I see once again I should clear cookies, I will probably have enough of this service and support.

emailed ifollow and asked for a refund, also emailed club and told them.

Don’t hold your breath for a reply from iFollow. I messaged them during the Tuesday night Bristol Rovers game to complain that the audio feed was playing WM’s music instead of commentary. It took a full week for them to acknowledge the message and to let me know they’d deal with my problem as soon as possible. Needless to say I haven’t had anything further. They are utterly useless, and I count myself very lucky that the two video match passes have worked for me with no problems.

Video worked fine all the way through the game for me (apart from having Radio York commentary) on my laptop so don’t know why it doesn’t consistently for everyone. Not sure whether having an annual subscription affects this, but perhaps not if Michal can’t get it to work. Agree that it needs sorting if the club is to benefit from people paying their £10s.

In normal times, nobody is allowed to show a 3pm Saturday afternoon game (the traditional match time) live in the UK so that it doesn’t affect the number of people going to games (not just the one being broadcast, might affect casual spectators going to other games if they’d rather watch the one on TV instead).

So in normal times iFollow is not available in the UK for those games to prevent that, but is to the rest of the world where it wouldn’t make any difference. And it has worked OK for you and other Saddlers abroad (or using a VPN) in the past.

As we are not in normal times, should just be a simple case of not blocking UK users from what anyone outside can access. Instead they appear to have screwed it up so most people have had a problem.

1 Like

Perhaps the club need to be told about all of our issues so they can take it up with I follow on our behalf. They might get a response from them unlike us.

during the game the little cog button (settings) allows you to choose between Home and away commentary. Default is home.

1 Like

I see the cog when I use the ifollow app, but not when I go through the club website to watch on my laptop. Luckily, when I switched the audio in the app it did the web browser as well.

I think the reason i can’t get it on my firestick is because i have complicated matters by creating a new account in my wife’s name and email address and signing into it with a false address in Belgium on Nordvpn :joy: and i didn’t need to because you can access it from UK anyway at the moment

I’d be worried if i were you. Interpol will be on your trail!

1 Like

By this time last week we knew the Grimsby following and therefore how much they’d made from the game.

Are we going “non-disclosed?”

Worth paying for the pair who commentate on the Morecambe site

Kept getting screen freezes first half but perfect stream second half. Result!

Mine was better second half too.

Never used it before but had no problems last week or saturday watched through club website.

Straight forward. No problems. Used laptop and google chrome and connected to TV via hdmi lead.

Thought I would miss kick off as only logged on at 14.55. Connected no problem and even saw the kick off that started officially at 14.58!

2 Likes

No problem for me either - worked fine, same with the Grimsby game. No buffering, WM commentary from start to finish. I’m wondering whether those with buffering issues maybe have poor wifi or internet speed? Don’t forget a Firestick is wireless and while it may be OK for certain things, iFollow needs a decent speed to maintain the stream. I was wireless (Safari on a MacBook) with an HDMI lead.

Downloaded EFL Ifollow app on my Samsung android mobile and smart viewed it / mirrored onto TV with no problems both games so far , looks abit dodgy for Saturday though do we think with the covid outbreak at Orient ?

Really super it worked for someone. For me it doesn’t. I can’t even watch highlights or any other file from the archive. Officially that’s my laptop’s fault. It doesn’t matter that every other streaming service on the world is woking fine.