Im new to this so go easy on me , oh by the way im the son of bernie the bolt ..!

Welcome aboard @cwright751,spent many a game watching your dad bully defenders…:grinning:,what a player and what a personality.

1 Like

Welcome aboard. Bernie was a favourite of mine and his partnership with Buckley will be remembered for a long time. Tell him he is thought of with great affection by all the fans who watched him play.

1 Like

An Evening with Bernie and Buck, can you imagine? Standing room only alright.

2 Likes

I had a phone number for your dad but when I tried to ring him the other week it is no longer available, tell him his old mate Stan Bennett is trying to contact him,

I can pm you stans number if big Bernie wants it

1 Like

Sorry walsallone that reply was meant for Bernie’s son

1 Like

No problems…you are doing a great job with ISSA.Thanks.

2 Likes

It’s a wonder you haven’t kidnapped him :grin: :wink:

1 Like

I posted this a little while back but it’s your dad on the cover of a match programme back when he played for us - https://cdn.upthesaddlers.com/assets/original/2X/2/23349b47091c42d2a97b9611a7d43c804eed0876.jpeg

If you could get him to come along to a game or a reunion night (especially if it’s of the holy trinity of him, George Andrews and the Buck) it would probably be standing room only.

1 Like

Did you know that i double as a ticket tout :smile: :wink:

It wouldn’t surprise me! :joy:

3 Likes

PS Back in the late 70s, I sometimes used to see your dad doing laps of my school playing field (Wood Green in Wednesbury).

1 Like

bernie is a saddlers legend in my eyes - that 74-75 season was fantastic - get him to bring his boots when he comes to the banks’s he might get on if we go one down with 20 minutes to go

3 Likes

Used to love his role as the Buck’s protector. I wouldn’t have messed if I’d have been the centre half.

1 Like

Welcome to the board.
I loved watching your dad playing for Walsall in the 70’s, he was the perfect partner for Buckley.
I’ll never forget the Man U game at Fellows Park when a certain Mr Wright and Mr Buckley were on the scoresheet - fabulous day out. The atmosphere was electric, it sounded like the whole town was in the ground.
Big, strong bruising centre forward, they don’t make them like him anymore…

1 Like

Enjoyed reading a similar thread to this on the Everton forum. Before my time as a player but genuine affection to Bernie from everyone - says alot about him.

1 Like

send it over boys P.M it please

right im back now everyone - good day to you all , i had run out of reply messages yesterday sorry about that .im off in a bit to see dad so i might speak to him , however he done my head in last week so if he carries it on to this week im probably gonna knock him out im afraid ( sorry )

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

why did dad leave walsall

im going to sort it , now ive seen how much you guys love him , i think he should have more respect and come and see the old supporters , im working on him nicely , however i do have one other trick up my sleeve , i will be knocking him out if he dont lol