Im new to this so go easy on me , oh by the way im the son of bernie the bolt ..!

b6

1 Like

hope ive got the name right , jimmy mac mean anything to anyone ,

jimmy McMorran and Jimmy McEwan , but them was in the sixties.

or theres this oneā€¦Martha Reeves & the Vandellas - Jimmy Mack - YouTube

1 Like

Whenā€™s Jimmy coming back?

1 Like

jimmy mcewan
just wondering if you all knew he passed away,

1 Like

Yes Jimmy Mac Ewan died 3 years ago aged 88. Made his WFC debut at the age of 37.

Heā€™d have made a brilliant (opposition) goalkeeperā€¦ :grinning:

Jimmy Mac was Mcmorran I think.

Jimmy Mack released by Martha Reeves and the Vandellas on 3 February 1967. My 19 th birthday.

1 Like

Yes brilliant legsšŸ˜€

1 Like

was jimmy a coach

No,not at first,he played on the right wing.

i mean in the end , did he become a coach after his playing days

yes,he coached for a few years when he finished playing.

1 Like

yes its the same bloke i was thinking of, thx

its the person i was thinking of , just wanted to double check before i said anything

Well the story goes like this we had a relative in a nursing home , dad would visit , i would visit , and other relatives , it was sometimes a sad place , some people getting no visitors , anyway 1 day dad walked in and sat down after 10 mins he could see an old boy staring over , his son was with him , the penny dropped it was jim mac , a chat ensued and that was that , dad told me about it next time i went i found jimmy and had a chat he was a nice man i met his son , anyway now dads visits to the home were to his relative , and jimmy mac , i also used spend 10 mins with jim when i went , until he finally passed , what goes around comes around , jimmy used to give dad lifts sometimes and then in the end jimmy had an extra visitor , small world x

4 Likes

Considering it is such a well known song, a relatively minor hit, peaked at number 21 in UK charts.
Great B side as well (remember B sides? :grin: ), Third Finger Left hand.

reached number 10 in the states.

1 Like

Yes it was. Not a great Motown fan tbh but that is one of my favourite singles of all time. Was also on the Dancing in the Street album in 1993.

well i walked in to chat with dad , he was watching the rugby - before i could say anything he started on the american football , bloody pads and helmets and they only play for 10 seconds then they have a rest for a minute bloody stupid game , i left the room.