Im new to this so go easy on me , oh by the way im the son of bernie the bolt ..!

Yes @Laundryman and I believe for some fans of both Merseyside giants had Tranmere as their second club and in those days with watching football more affordable for the working man and no need to buy tickets in advance etc used to turn up at Prenton Park.

1 Like

Had that poster on my bedroom wall for about 3 years.

Mike (or Mick) Tuohy scored a ton of goals back in the 70s and early 80s for Worcester City or Kiddy Harriers, or maybe both of them. A very good local non league player anyway, and I think he coached or managed after stopping as a player.
Keith Brown had a few games at left back, I think, over a couple of seasons, 73-74 and 74-75 iirc.
Lindley Jenkins played a game or two, he was a midfielder, or a wing half in old money. I think we signed him on a free from Blues, if not it was one of the local teams.
I don’t know where Brown or Jenkins went after leaving us.

2 Likes

50 years ago today - Bernie was sacked at Everton.

2 Likes

And a week or two later I saw him play his first game upon his return, a miserable 3-1 defeat by Notts County on a Tuesday night. I’d not seen him in his first spell with us, so that was my first view of him.
Fifty years, eh?

1 Like

Yes mate on this day in 1973.

359829753_598244332444971_785320207566375837_n

A recent picture of The Bolt.

6 Likes

He’d still frighten the life out of centre halves even now…:joy:

4 Likes