Is this the answer to the freehold?

It’s not like we roar them on.

1 Like

But you do lock horns with one or two

You’ve got a point.

I’d love a ground in the town centre. Unfortunately I don’t think it’ll ever happen in many towns now. Not sure why though, towns are deserted (whether Covid or not) and it would surely be a boost? Pubs, shops, eating areas, would all see a substantial boost on match day you’d think.

One thing I’d miss is the George mind!

1 Like

We did have Dave Bambier.

And the late Roger Hind.

1 Like

These deer related puns are too much for monkeydog. He is sika of it.

1 Like

To be blunt have to wait until Bonser and his brother and spouses are no longer around and try to deal with the remaining beneficiaries and try to come up with some sort of compromise but yeah that’s likely at least another decade from happening.

2 Likes

Rotherham did it a few years back and that’s been a big succes for them and given them springboard to become yo yo club between league 1 and championship. Nice tidy 12k ground.

Luton also close to building a new ground right by the train station and they certainly need one although seems project has stalled due to covid.

I too would love a ground right in the heart of Walsall to breath a bit more life back into it. Ideally it would be across from the Wharf and Art Gallery where they’ve built the new cinema and eateries but new flats were built there instead. And we also had the rumour of that spare plot of land just north of the ring road.

Going to need a owner with far far deeper pockets than Pomlett to get anywhere with that vision though so it’s a non starter.

Picked those two at random and of then remembered the infamous Bonser quote from pretty much a decade ago now! That aged well.

1 Like

Being a 2 or 3 minute walk from the BCA would result in an extra inch or 2 on my beer gut over a season :wink:

5 Likes

Our lot would still miss the kick off

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it be ace though?

Matchday building up around town from around 11 O’clock in the morning. It would be the place everybody would congregate and the spin off for the town would be pretty big.

At the moment if I’m having a pre match sup it will be in Brum (these are the big sessions), within a mile or two of the ground e.g The Bell or The George, very occasionally the BCA or at the ground itself. There’s no sense of a community build up to the biggest event that will happen in Walsall until the next match.

I’d say Crewe away is more like that ideal home build up. You can flit between half a dozen bars and see everyone.

4 Likes

Haven’t missed a kick off all season. :grinning:

1 Like

How are you Soulman ? We went to the Fountain before the Shef Wednesday cup game and still missed the kick off in Town!

On the mend Craig. Watched the Sheffield game in the Hollybush Stourport only Saddler in the place, not many of us down here.

2 Likes

Hopefully next season we can meet backin the Fountain before a game

1 Like

The George has been great the past couple of seasons, gradually seen more and more fans turn up and it’s been quite busy seeing the same faces every other Saturday there. If rumours are true though then it may be the latest casualty of Covid… Such a shame.

3 Likes

Like all of the pubs that close it will be a great shame if true.

Seemed to be doing a lot better in the last year or two and it had taken its grub up a notch or two.

If it’s the one opposite Morrisons? i think they were fined over the first lockdown for continuing to open behind closed doors.

I’m being told They are moving to the frying pan in darlaston mate, All the old signs are down and when we drove. Past. It tonight. Stuff being moved out. Prob en route to frying pan

Rumour has it. It’s being converted into flats.

Sad to see it go if that’s the case. , been some right old tear ups. Outside there over the years in our fellows park days. mate And always been a good pub

1 Like