Jack Earing

Buried in the appendices?

C1.14.5 In the event of a Player registered with a Club in membership with the Premier League or the
EFL being offered re-engagement terms in accordance with the regulations of the appropriate
league but wishing to accept an engagement as a Player with a Club not in membership with
either league, and the Clubs not being able to reach agreement on the payment of a
compensation fee, providing the Club concerned has complied with the appropriate league’s
regulations relating to right to a compensation fee, such compensation fee shall be
determined by an appeals committee comprising one nominated representative of each of
The Association (who shall act as chairman), the Premier League or the EFL, the Professional
Footballers’ Association and the other league involved

But anyway, isn’t what you quote all about currently EFL players going to non-league clubs rather than currently non-league being signed by EFL clubs?

I thought the compensation scheme for young players was due to EPL and EFL clubs all being required to have academies or similar to develop young players but I don’t think non-league clubs have the same obligation (it being more of a financial burden in relation to your turnover the lower down the pyramid you go) - or have I got that all around my ears?

BTW I found the rule definition in the FA Handbook 2020/21 on the FA’s website.

1 Like

Being announced at 12pm then looking at Twitter…

Confirmed.

We aren’t ■■■■■■■ around are we?

3 Likes

1 Like

A bit less marquee this one, but i was expecting more signings of this ilk. Good age and worth a punt by the looks of it. Could be a rough diamond and all that…

1 Like

It’s not just the signings themselves.It’s the competition we’re beating to sign them, including their own clubs, at times.

15 Likes

Their fans are very complimentary towards him and the general consensus among them is that he’ll play at a higher level (which’ll be with us as we’m gewin up) . Had some competition to sign him too so that’s also a signal we’re moving in the right direction. Which is up. We’m gewin up.

3 Likes

For an ‘undisclosed compensation package’ too. Was he under contract or is it down to his age and them contributing to his development?

Age I think

“There was lots of competition so for us to be able to mix with the biggest clubs in or division for his signature is another sign of intent from the club.

Ehh fair enough. Sounds a talented lad, and could mean we are getting rid of Bates (but hopefully not Holden). Look forward to seeing him play at least sounds exciting.

2 year contract too.

Welcome Jack…we all hope you do well here. On a more general point things seem to be going well on the recruitment front…4 more good quality players plus one or two loans and we will have a team who will compete well.

We’re Walsall FC, we’ll buy who we want. We’m loaded.

2 Likes

This is the big thing for me. Really hope that doesn’t indicate Holden’s going anywhere.

1 Like

I was thinking that but in terms of the squad, assuming Holden is staying, we now have cover for him which was one of our main problems last season.

2 Likes

Yep, because we were dismal in all the games he missed

1 Like

I wouldn’t be suprised to see Holden in the right side again this year with earring in the middle In 4231 . I can’t imagine he would have signed if he knew he was only backup

1 Like