Jack Earing

What I like is that we’re adding players that can chip in with goals from midfield.

Earing, Labadie and Wilkinson got 27 goals between them last season and they’ve replaced Sinclair, Gordon and McDonald who got 3 goals from open play last season.

18 Likes

I think Osadebe is more likely to be surplus to requirement.

Kinsella to right back and then 4 from Perry, Bates, Labadie, Holden, Earing + Osadebe.

Competition for places.

Now we need another striker, centre back, and a left back.

Assuming White will want to be part of the project and Sadler will provide cover at centre back and left back.

1 Like

I’ve never seen a Walsall team so reliant on one player as we were with Holden last year. Not this year though, ANOTHER positive signing!

6 Likes

How many times does this have to fail before it is written off for good?

1 Like

I agree quality wise, but he signed a new contract three months ago.

2 Likes

I can easily see Bates shipped out on loan

2 Likes

Two, really. Adebayo’s goals were bailing them out even without Holden. Then it got so bad
Dutton more or less admitted he was going into some games not even trying to get a goal.

I’m thinking something might be happening with Holden if we are stacking midfield so much

1 Like

Yeah sounds that way to me as well.

But to be honest, that would make me more of a fan of this signing than I currently am. I don’t want Holden to go but I won’t be shedding any tears (there’s a saying in Cricket that nothing does your selection chances quite as much good as being left out of a bad side, I think there is an element of that with Holden) if he does and if this is the replacement then at least we have got it done early.

Looks another good signing.

The 1 8 1 formation we are building towards is revolutionary.

If we are to be as deep through the spine and then garnished on the flanks with equal quality then I suspect the the “very helpful” Rico money was/is “very very helpful”

2 Likes

This is seriously refreshing, signing inform players instead of out form cast offs!

We already look more competitive than we have for at least 5 years.

3 Likes

Quality signing. Over the moon.

2 Likes

Not gonna lie I’m loving this new look Walsall F.C.

2 Likes

What I like about these signings is that they ones where the players are wanted by other clubs, rather than our usual bottom of the barrel ones that usually come in late July.

3 Likes

It also shows what utter utter ■■■■■■■■ certain other “people” have been spouting when saying things like “we can’t go out and compete with the top clubs in this division, the fans need to understand that”

5 Likes

I’m scared. :scream: I know where I am when we sign the likes of Rory Gaffney, Peter Till and Richard McKinney, but this is all very disconcerting. I want my Walsall back!!! What have they done with my football club? :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Me too mate it’s all a bit surreal and I agree with @Sadsfan above it’s the fact these players are wanted by other clubs but also they are turning down contracts that have been offered to them by their current clubs,it’s looking like working with Matt and the team is just far too good to turn down and long may it continue.The word “project” has been banded about by all signings so far and they all want a piece of the pie. I’ve had years of poor signings and bottom of the barrel stuff like your good self and everyone else who follows and supports this club so enjoy it fellas and where you can rub it right in!

3 Likes

Meanwhile on the Halifax fans forum :rofl:

3 Likes

I’d be very interested to know what teams and what level we have beaten of for all 4 of these players .incredible stuff by Walsall fc x

1 Like

I mean I raised my eyebrows and Newport County questioning a club of our size but Halifax Town? :joy: :joy: :joy:

5 Likes