Jack Rose Signs

https://mobile.twitter.com/WFCOfficial/status/1148184964078460933

Season Long loan.

I know everyone wanted an experienced keeper to push Roberts, but I think this ain’t a bad signing at all.

Welcome Jack!

1 Like

Good signing this…

Quietly pleased

Building form the back continues.

Its a decent signing on paper, if a little unexciting. We absolutely needed to improve the keeping department.

Could be a thorn in Roberts’ side.

2 Likes

Hoping he will have a ‘budding’ start to his career with us

Good signing.

I still think there’s room for Roberts to step back up a few levels with a well-organised defence in front of him and a better goalkeeping coach.

Lets hope he will blossom.

“Slightly under” on the whelmed scale to be honest.

I really thought Roberts should be starting the season as number 2 to a much more experienced keeper. That way, even sitting on the bench, he might be improving by working with a guy who has been there and done it not somebody who is continuing their own development.

But, as always, I’ll retain judgement until I see him play, or in this case Roberts’ performances this year.

1 Like

This signing could mean that Roberts leaves

Now now ‘Petal’ don’t be too hasty

A lot of our problems did stem from the back last season

Could be the pick of the bunch to be fair!

The loaning a keeper from a TV League side model has worked well for others, Salop for example. Plus, we’ve not made any money selling goalkeepers for a long while so happy to borrow a decent one on the cheap and hopefully forget about the position. Hope he can come out and catch, probably the most important element of goalkeeping in League Dos.

1 Like

With DC wanting at least five signings before the goalkeeper announcement I’m not surprised we’ve gone for a loan.

Was hoping to see a new number one personally, someone confident and experienced but oh well, maybe this guy will end up being that.

Not impressed at all, the bloke hasn’t even played 15 competitive games ffs

2 Likes

Thinking back to the 12/13 season with a revolving door of young goalies on loan then this could be excellent ala Johnstone, Darlow or McLoughlin (anyone else remember his rectangle at Preston away on his shirt?)

Or this could be terrible ala drugged up McCarey.

Let’s hope for the former!

1 Like

Inexperienced yes but he should be of a higher quality. You won’t get a player with both on our budget.

1 Like

Interesting. Club is saying ta-ra to Roberts, or there will be two keepers on similar level, fighting for one shirt.

I’ve heard he’s a budding prospect hoping to bring a sweet smell of success.