Jack Rose Signs

And all those 10 appearances (in 5yrs) were on loan at Accrington and Crawley town (5 apiece),no wonder Southampton want to loan him out…5/10 rating from me.

And he’s played nearly 100 games in the PL2 and won the league with Southampton last season.

So we may aswell give him a chance before he’s even kicked a ball, right?

7 Likes

He’s been signed as a back up ffs!! :joy:

That’s the problem Bags10,how many players are we “giving a chance to”? It’s proven players we need now,there’s still plenty of them out there.

1 Like

Lets remember the club we have signed him from - Southampton.

They have been known for having the best youth sides in recent times not to mention their eye for a decent keeper. Fraser Forster, Angus Gunn, Alex McCarthy and even our coach Maik Taylor once played there.

Southampton dont do ■■■■ keepers. I will put money on it he will push Roberts out the side.

9 Likes

I really do hope you’re right Jeef.

Exactly, look at the doom and gloom on here already its comical :rofl:

A good signing by any other name would play just as well.

2 Likes

Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2008–2014 Fulham 0 (0)
2008–2009 → Leatherhead (loan)
2011 → Charlton Athletic (loan) 0 (0)
2012 → Bristol Rovers (loan) 12 (0)
2013–2014 → Crewe Alexandra (loan) 4 (0)
2014–2015 Oldham Athletic 0 (0)
2014 → Charlton Athletic (loan) 2 (0)
2015 Charlton Athletic 2 (0)
2015–2017 Walsall 81 (0)
2017– Cardiff City 83 (0)
Check out Neil Etheridge’s career stats before he joined Walsall…this didn’t work out too badly did it?
Can’t understand why the general consensus is that DC is a top coach but people keep questioning his judgment with regard to the younger signings he has made??

7 Likes

Would much rather be making this sort of signing that somebody like Dunn, who was clearly quite comfortable playing the supporting role without really challenging Roberts.

As mentioned above, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Rose starting the first game at Northampton…

6 Likes

Spot on…!

Why would Southampton send him to a L2 club to get splinters in his arse?
Must be fancying a start.

1 Like

Welcome Jack look forward to seeing you push robo all the way for that no 1 Jersey.

I’m with you all the way on this one Jeef.

Young hungry and a point to prove… may even see the best out of Roberts. Now he’s got competition.

1 Like

Think this is a clever move by Taylor and Clarke. Roberts has a year left on his contract, so competing with a keeper of a similar age from a big club he’ll really have to work hard to improve in order to keep his place and prove he deserves a new deal.

2 Likes

On paper I’m quietly pleased with this. Genuine competition and let’s not forget that Roberts was decent until the team in front of him imploded. Let’s see what Taylor can do with the boys.

1 Like

I’ll take him, if Southampton saw enough In him to take him from the baggies & going off there youth setup, he must have some potential. 24 now. Work closely with Taylor and kick on. Pleased with this one

I’m fairly pleased with this one. Southampton obviously see something in him. He will be looking to prove himself.

Let’s just hope he starts the season as number 1, really don’t want Robert’s to start the season in goal