Jamille Matt Signs

Think I’m finally in love with being a saddler again after the years of treading water/ drowning under bog handle man and bhuna lite. Fabulous

1 Like

My nephew worked with a lovely lad at Walsall Wood and Alvechurch called Jamma lol, he is at Hednesford now, he is Mossive :smile:, a bit like the non league equivalent of Manny Monthe :smile:

Happy with the signing

But on the balance of play this season - the recruitment has been as haphazard and mind boggling as at any time since Smith. Maybe even worse with so many players shipped out so soon after signing.

What we can’t fault is that this is a positive signing and hopefully a shrewd bit of business.

Lump on

3 Likes

You know something?

I am gunna lump on :grin:

1 Like

He’s one of our own

He’s one of our own

Lucky fri 13th

He seems extremely happy to be here :grinning:

12 Likes

Tim’ll Eat Jam

Like DJ his contract was up at the end of the season, so possibly less than 50k.

1 Like

Id suggest that he hasnt had the best luck with injuries. Clarke shafted and proved right. Taylor great chap but too soon. Flynn tough liitle fkr. Ride the wave.

Good experienced pro and v good signing. Nothing more than the fans should expect given the size of our gates and the cup run. Hopefully more to come and we will end this constant stream of crap u23 players no one else wants

Referring to this window. We’ve recognised the potential for a play-off spot and identified what is needed to strengthen (so far). Matt alluded to the fact that this transfer had been in the pipeline for a while, for me that’s a good sign that we’re proactively looking to get positive business done early, rather than begging for scraps on deadline day.

24 Likes

Spot on and we are now acting more like a club that signs the type of player we need to progress as a club rather than the type of club that would have lost out of signing a Jamille Matt type player to a similar sized club to us in times gone by.

4 Likes

Makes a nice change from the likes of Scrimshaw and Yaw in recent years

2 Likes

Is that a weight lifting technique

You’ll need 'ommer an chisel if you want to get Sister Dora naked.
It’d be a bit disrespectful tho.

3 Likes

What a fantastic signing and what a time to be a Saddler :clap::clap:

1 Like

A lot of options songwise too… could get the Jamaican vibe out and do a:

“Dont worry… about a thing… cuz Jamile Matts gona be alright”

Or will it be your standard KC and the Sunshine “da da da da da jamile jamille matt… jamile jamile matt”

Brilliant work from Flynn and the club.

What I demanded, striker from league 1 who’s experienced and proven in this league. This is a real statement to a few teams above that’s for sure.

3 Likes

Well said, our bit is to show up and support them, and make some noise.

1 Like