Jan Sorensen

RIP Jan never forget his one season here one of the most entertaining in my 39 years watching Walsall.

29 Likes

Gutted!

RIP Big Fat Jan

1 Like

Sad news indeed, R. I. P

1 Like

It certainly was one of the most entertaining and some of the best players to play for us at the Bescot played that season.

3 Likes

Sorry to hear this. Another one passing away at a relatively young age. RIP Jan.

3 Likes

Roger Boli, Jeff Peron and great cup memories. RIP Jan.

7 Likes

Really sad news,

Some great memories from that season.

The Forest home game is still in probably my top five games at Bescot and probably always will be, such a great night. Got a funny story about my Dad from that game, but this probably isn’t the best time to tell it.

RIP Jan, or as you were affectionately known, Big Fat Jan. You will always be remembered by us Walsall fans.

10 Likes

Only 68.

Good piece from Tom Lines in WSC about his season with us.

9 Likes

Such sad news, RIP Big Jan

1 Like

“Big Fat Jan’s barmy army” Peron, Boli, Hodge, Viveash, Walker, Marsh, Mountfield Keates we had some great players in Jan’s season and some great cup games to remember, beating Forest, Sheff Utd and a great win at Peterborough. Memorable trips to West Ham and Man Utd we should have got to Wembley in Auto Windscreens Shield but it was not meant to be. R.I.P Jan and thanks for a season of memories.

4 Likes

That afternoon at Macclesfield will live long in my memory, RIP BFJ.

8 Likes

Thank you for posting that link. I went to both legs and to this day i think that was one of, if not the most exciting match i have been to. RIP Jan. Thank you for the memories.

3 Likes

It was such a great night.

The atmosphere at the Peterborough away game in the cup for the right to play Man United is one of the best atmospheres I have ever known Walsall fans to create, was electric. Some fantastic memories from that season.

7 Likes

RIP to BFJ. A memorable manager!

Blimey, I remember that one too. There was also Sheff Utd as well i think. I could be wrong though. Great matches and great memories.

https://x.com/undrthecosh/status/1275754984731217928?s=46&t=MROtAgBxZL1puHhmhqUx-w

One of BFJ’s best quotes in football from a story told by Jimmy Walker on the Undr The Cosh podcast.

7 Likes

RIP BFJ thanks for the memories

Could help but titter at a line in the Tom Lines piece that he had “the general demeanour of someone running an Amsterdam pub crawl”

Wonder if that will be on his gravestone

2 Likes

RIP.

Will always remember when the Saddlers fans kept up a chant of “big, fat Jan’s barmy army” for all but about 5 mins of the entire game at Peterborough to get to play Man U.

Boy could we sing then.

2 Likes

RIP Jan

Amazing memories from a lifetime ago

Absolutely gutted!

He has given me so many memories as a Saddlers fan! The cup runs were unbelievable., RIP Jan

2 Likes