January 2021 Transfer Rumours

He’s said he will be here until we are an established League One team ready to push on

Is he immortal?

:laughing:

3 Likes

Fair enough, I genuinely had it in my head he had mentioned 5 years, I am willing to stand corrected.

Yeah he did that too. It was at a WPM where he explained that bit in a bit more detail. He said the 5 years was his aim and he very much wanted to achieve it in that time. If it takes longer then he’ll be here longer, is pretty much what he was saying.

3 Likes

Honestly like Pomlett but I’m a bit annoyed that we still seem to be being over cautios with our finances if anything you’d have thought this covid situation would benefit well run clubs.

1 Like

With all the doom and gloom about Scrimshaw leaving, apparently Port Vale and Grimsby are vying to sign Jake Taylor on loan from Forest.

Aged 22, scored 5 in 18 for Vale last season.

Didn’t work out for him at Scunthorpe but as a local(ish) lad, we could do a lot worse.

He describes himself as ‘a ball-playing midfielder who can also fill in at left-back’.

What’s not to like?

There’s a really interesting interview about him, here, too:

Nah, if he shows promise and could be a gud’un he’s not for us…

I’d happily let Gordon go. He does a good impression of a headless chicken. Good luck to anyone who thinks he can play at a higher level

I think he’s right to be cautious with the finances. LP & his team will be plotting the budget for season 21-22 right now & they’ll be considering many scenarios, such as:

1. When will fans be allowed back in stadia?
  2. Season tickets: will we sell any, if so how many?
  3. When will we be able to open our non-football related facilities again?

The answer to the above questions is: “I don’t know.”
Now, if I don’t know when I’ll receive any income (& sadly I don’t at the moment) then I won’t go spending any money that I don’t have to. Surely those running the club will be thinking the same.
Personally, I would hope this is their approach.

3 Likes

Garuntee we won’t sign a right winger that we have been crying out for

No chance of blues lending us any more of there youngsters. After Clarke refused to even put George the lad who has just gone back not even a place on the bench during his time with us.

2 Likes

More likely we will sell some of our better players than bring anyone decent in

1 Like

From some of the comments DC made I thought George was here more on a “work experience” loan to get him used to being in and around a first team environment.

Don’t think there was ever really any expectation from us or Blues of him challenging for a place in the first team at all.

1 Like

Didn’t hear him say that but surely if that was the case he could have done exactly the same thing being in and around the blues squad.

1 Like

You pop up now and again but I can’t recall you ever being positive about any aspect of the team or the club.

4 Likes

That’s what I was thinking! I thought I heard he had actually been in the bench for blues in 1 or 2 games this season!

Is it because he’s aTroll Tone?

1 Like

Clarke demands a certain mentality from his players, he’s very unlikely to get it from an 18/19 year old with no league experience.

This might hinder us when it comes to loaning local talent.

Ravel Morrison has just become available.

The last few seasons transfer dealings have tempered my expectations somewhat - and that added to the current COVID lockdowns etc means my expectations for this particular window are zero.
So, that’s my expectations…my worry is that we end up selling some of our more useful performers at a bargain price to pay the bills.
Mr optimistic that’s me…

1 Like